Diarrhea With Blood In Litterbox... Kittens Supposed To Be Getting Fixed

kara701

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am fostering five kittens. They're supposed to get fixed tomorrow. When I first got them, they were four weeks old and had diarrhea with blood which was presumed to be coccidia. I gave them some suspension medicine that the rescue gave me to treat the coccidia and after two weeks, it cleared up and they had normal stools. They are now 9 weeks old, maybe close to 10 weeks...Today, there's diarrhea with blood again! How does it go from being normal to this?? Also, it's not all of them because there are normal stools in the litterbox too so it could be just one of the five. My questions are, what causes them to get it again after it's gone away? It's been at least three weeks since they had this. Secondly, should they not be fixed if they have this? Thank you... I will be contact the rescue but wanted to ask here to see opinions.

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's a hard thing to get rid of. I've seen people need to treat a couple times. Call your vet and get them in to see the vet. You may need to delay fixing. A sick kitten undergoing surgery is increased risk. IMO I personally would get them into the vet for testing and delay fixing.

Hopefully others will chime in.