Diarrhea Plus Blood

fenya7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 6 y.o. female cat pooped many times today. It is not liquid, just very soft. Each time, it was a little amount of poop. In addition to that, she had a little bloody matter, light pink color coming from her behind, not in her urine.
Her urine looks ok.
Good appetite, playing, as usual. Tomorrow night if she does not get better, I will take her to the vet. Yesterday, she begged for some cheap dry food that I was packing for our strays and ferrals. I gave her about a spoonful of it.
My cat is strictly indoors cat, very picky with her food. For her, II bu a good quality food, but just once I gave her a very little of that cheap cat food. The alley cats ate that food yesterday OK, but today they did not want to eat it. Could that be a reason, that she had just a very little of unfamiliar food? What else can cause such a scary condition?
She had her check up in winter, she was absolutely healthy. Please advise. I need some peace of mind until tomorrow. Thank you all for your knowledge and support.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes, I hope you saved a sample of that food, I’m wondering if somethings wrong with it. Please don’t feed your ferals anymore of that batch, and keep an eye out on them. Good luck with your kitty, and keep us updated please. I don’t think it’s likeky to be anything terrible if its the food as she only had a little bit, but only your vet can say for sure what’s causing this diarrhea.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say she will most likely need a vet visit. Hopefully nothing serious. I cannot imagine that a spoon full of a cheap cat food would cause this kind of problem. Unless she has an underlying health issue, or something was wrong with the food? Do keep us updated! :crossfingers:

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don’t worry about a little bit of bright red (or pink) blood in the stool occasionally, but the diarrhea is disturbing. I hope it’s not the beginning of Inflammatory Bowel Disease. I can’t imagine that a bit of cheap food caused the diarrhea. I’m glad she’s acting normal, that’s the best indication of how she’s feeling.

Do let us know what the vet says, we care.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fenya7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your feedback. Definitely going to the vet after work. This morning, she came to my bed and pass a little of liquid on my bed. It does not smell urine, it is not always pinkish, and it is just a drop or two if it. Seems like she wanted to let me know something was wrong. She passes it with some effort, and it happens often, most if the time in her litter box or around it. I am very worried!