diarrhea and other issues

dhruska211

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 3 year old is obese. Overeater. I have 5 cats if they leave anything in the bowl she eats. I feed 3 times a day smaller amounts. That doesn’t help she’s constantly hungry has diarrhea.....
She just had a shot of prednisone and antibiotics- diarrhea is back. This has been since she’s a month old. Now trying prednisone as a maintenance 2.5 mg. Poor cat her stomach is bloated. This is no life for a cat. She’s not absorbing nutrients we think. She is also slow. (Mentally challenged). Anything else please feel free. Bloodwork/xrays raw food nothing has helped.
I’m fried and she’s still sick.

Last edited by a moderator:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It may be allergies. Stick with one food for a while, look at it's ingredients. Then find another food without one ingredient in it that the first one had, like fish or fish meal. Or find a good allergy food that they all may like. Why do they think she is 'slow'? You are an angel for trying to help her, thank you......

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Steroids cause diarrhea in one of my cats, especially the kind received as a shot. Raging diarrhea. We give that cat saccharomyces boullardi with every wet feeding to help keep his poops firm. We also give him a daily probiotic. Have you had her stool tested using the PRC diarrhea panel? That might rule out parasites that aren't found on the fecal float.

As di and bob di and bob mentioned, it could be food related. What are you currently feeding? Wet or dry?

Linah4

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Antibiotics gave my old man diarrhea, we corrected it with Probiotics - FortiFlora, which my vet recommended. Have you tried that? I've also given pure pumpkin to help normalize his stools - good for the digestive system!

Also, have you talked to your vet about a prescription diet that might help?