Diago and MIsty's RAW journey

dreamraider

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
...today is the day I am 100% sure I am startinf my two on raw. Currently they are eating a wet and a raw meal a day, no free feeding. My guys are super picky and didn't like any real meats...cooked or raw...that I offered them. Even cat food is hard to find for them. Today though I gave them a tiny clump of raw beef and misty wouldn't touch it and diago was interested but didn't seam to know what to do with it. I put it in his mouth for him and he spit it out...then was like *hey wait..* and picked it back up and ate it. :)
This week ill go and buy the pets4life commercial raw available here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dreamraider

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Shoot that's suppost to say 1 wet snd 1 dry... no edit option :( lol

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe it's worth trying some of the premixes. My cats went crazy over TC Feline With Beef Liver and Better In The Raw premixes. I had to keep the bags in the freezer because otherwise they would open them.

dreamraider

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm going to buy hare todat and alnutrin for it in the long run peaches08.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mentioned those two premixes specifically because of the cats going crazy for it. Alnutrin is a terrific supplement and I would use it again, but my cats didn't go crazy over it like the other two supplements. And I do mean CRAZY.

dreamraider

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What's the price like on them? Can I use them with the bones meat organs mix fron hare today? I have topay 4 per package to pickup which is why I was going to order everyrhing from the same place

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The TC Feline is available online and provides calcium so you only add meat and liver, unless you get the Plus variety (like beef liver) and then you just add meat. Something about the beef liver variety is like kitty crack! Google "TC Feline" and the Canadian distributor should be one of the first links that comes up.

You can still use the Alnutrin and Hare Today mix, just keep it in the freezer until they get used to this whole raw idea. Mine weren't excited about Alnutrin or Dr. P's recipe, but since I had already had them on raw for a while (with kitty crack), they reluctantly ate it anyway. They were used to raw being food by that point because that kitty crack helped transition them to raw.

dreamraider

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im starting with a commercial raw called pets4life because it is the only thing available locally. I have decided not to pull their dry food yet.. just reduce it so its not the main diet. They have have been eating dry since kitten hood and since Misty is going nuts over it right now I don't want to pull it until i'm sure I can feed her enough with wet (she is picky and underweight so I don't like risks with her).

Im picking up the raw Friday on my day off- until them im going to feed Dry for breakfast (1/3 cup each) and wet for supper and 2nd supper (1.5 oz each meal for each of them).. so daily 3oz and 1/3 cup. They will be out of dry pretty soon and im not buying more so at that point they will have to deal with only wet.. but at least im cutting it down first. Once the dry is gone ill do wet for breakfast too.(make it 2 oz a meal per cat).

So that gives me two days to decide how much they normally eat on the new meal plan (before I was feeding twice a day and they don't eat much in one sitting).. then when the raw is here im going to do the trick where you mix a tad into the wet and increase it every few days until they are eating 50% raw meal and then 100% raw meal. Im going to do the last meal of the day with raw (so dry- 10 hrs- wet- 2 hrs- raw) and once the dry runs out ill bump up to both suppers being raw and breakfast as wet.

Cant wait for Friday!:D

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Here's hoping they like the raw right off the bat and aren't finicky about  it

dreamraider

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Same here! lol. They have chicken and turkey for the same price.. and duck for a tiny bit more.

dreamraider

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I actually went and bought the chicken yesterday. And last night I put a tiny blob next to their food and mixed a 1/4 teaspoon into their wet (1.5 oz wellness) andthey ddidn't touch the blob but ate the mix no prob. Diago threw up this morning but the bf picked him up just after he ate so I hope it was just that..

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:clap: :clap: :clap: That's great!

Well - it's not great Diago threw up this morning. But as he kept it down last night, it's probably not the little bit of raw in his food. It's possible, but not probable. I guess we'll know for sure later. :vibes:

dreamraider

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They each had a teaspoon of raw in about 1.5 oz of wet tonight and ate it all up quickly!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Good, good
.  Hopefully they're on their way to being true carnivores

dreamraider

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope so too- I don't like this brand because it has a lot of veggies in it but its available by the pound locally so its a start. Today they are having 2 tsp each in their 1.5 oz and after that im going to cut the wet food in half and do half and half raw/wet.

Once I have them on this raw I don't know what I ill next because I don't want to order from hare today (have to order big order) and have them not eat it because that's pretty costly.. however I cant by bone and organ and meat grinds locally and my moms grinder can hardly manage meat with no bones.