Diagnosis - Large Cell Lymphoma

Gwendolyn3161

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

My baby's name is Gwen and she was diagnosed with large cell lymphoma yesterday after they analyzed a sample of her swollen lymph nodes. I was told she only has weeks unless I try chemo which is very expensive and has no guarantees. Has anyone ever tried ES Clear by NHV or Life Gold by Pet Wellbeing? I'm curious if this could help ease any pain she has. Right now I'm in limbo in deciding what route to take. Any advice would be appreciated!

mewcatmew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you are in limbo, ask about starting prednisolone. It can help in the short term. If she is in pain, ask about pain-killers. If there is nausea, ask about cerenia or pepcid. There are definitely options to at least make your cat a bit more comfortable.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gwendolyn3161

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you mewcatmew,

I'll ask my vet about the pain killers. I just took her in today for a depomedrol shot as my vet recommended and they said to come back in 4 weeks for another. Is this similar to the prednisolone?

BestBabyC

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry about your cat's diagnosis. my cat got the same news Tuesday. Large cell is very aggressive. If you are going to try chemo, you need to start her immediately. my boy had his first round last Thursday. If you are not going to go with chemo, those supplements will not ease her pain. Someone mentioned medications and I would definitely get her on those. Cerenia or Zofran for nausea, mirtazapine for appetite, and yes, prednisolone. Pain killer as well. She will need fluids so see if you can learn to do that at home. I would go back to the vet and inquire about these medications right away, it is very painful and they suffer a lot. Did the vet advise anything beyond come back in 4 weeks? Cats typically live 4-6 weeks untreated and 30-90 with steroids although these stats are for mostly small cell from what Ive read. yes, the depomedrol is the steroid. that is not going to make her comfortable and it certainly does not last 4 weeks. You can get steroid pills to give her daily as well or however the vet prescribes it.

I know what a nightmare this is, if you cant pursue chemo, do get her on the meds that were suggested right away, kitty is in agony.

I'm sorry , I know it is horrifying and the worst news ever. Ive been crying non stop and now I feel out of my gore.

Let us know what happens