Dhl Or Nebelung Kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kellsierhae

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She has pretty fluffy hair, solid grey. Her paws have a silvery look to them almost like a chinchilla. I got her from a shelter and they knew nothing about her

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!
I LOVE her use of your cap, that's too fun!
Looking at the length of her fur and how widely spaced her ear set is, plus the yellowish-green of her eyes, I wouldn't count out some possible Nebelung ancestry.
What a darling cat - I'm glad she has you, and I hope you-all have a long life of love and laughter :)!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Nebelung is an extremely rare breed. There are some breeders in Europe, but I do not know of any breeders in the US; I believe there have not been any breeders here for some time. So if you are located in the US, you can be pretty sure you did not find a Nebelung kitten.

The traits that you see in your kitten could come from many sources. The genes for dilute (blue), solid color, and long hair are all common in the domestic cat gene pool. Yellow-green eyes are common in the gene pool, also. Large, wide set ears can be associated with Siamese ancestry, including the related breeds (Oriental, etc) and longhaired variants (Balinese, Javanese etc). Russian Blues originally got their wide set ears from outcrossing to Siamese. There is plenty of Siamese DNA floating around in the domestic cat gene pool, due to Siamese being popular many years ago, so it's not uncommon to see domestic shorthairs and longhairs with some Siamese traits.