Dexter Gave Us Quite A Scare....

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband and I were in Savannah for my birthday. I got a text from our cat-sitter (she is wonderful):

"I can't find Dexter. I've all but torn your house apart. I've been looking for 30 minutes."

What? He's gone? He never tries to bolt, and she has always been super cognizant of closing the doors anyway because Evie is out bolter. He wasn't coming for his bowl clinking together. Wasn't coming for his treats being shook.

So, where was that little :censored:? He had somehow managed to climb on top of the fridge and get into the cabinet above there. She almost cried when she opened it up and saw him sitting there, like "What? What did I do? you're awfully loud, been hollering for 30 minutes or so..."

:headshake::headshake::headshake::headshake::headshake:....what a birthday surprise!

Has anyone else's cats given them a scare before?

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah. We have a female Siamese that can vanish into thin air any time she wants to. Now that we have had her for three years it's not such a big a deal, but those first few times we just about ripped the house apart trying to find her.

By the way...we never, ever can find her...she just suddenly just appears out of nowhere. Must have been a Witch's cat in another life???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah. We have a female Siamese that can vanish into thin air any time she wants to. Now that we have had her for three years it's not such a big a deal, but those first few times we just about ripped the house apart trying to find her.

By the way...we never, ever can find her...she just suddenly just appears out of nowhere. Must have been a Witch's cat in another life???
Could she be crawling inside your mattress? We had a cat growing up that ripped the meshy cloth in the bottom of the bedsprings and liked to hide there!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are wonderful at hiding and ignoring us. I have aged at least a decade in the past 4 years with mine.

When Kiwi was 5 months old I lost her for 2 hours. I had been doing some paperwork and she had been wondering around the room nosing as usual. I finished what I was doing, put the papers back on the drawer and went into another room to read. I realised after about an hour that she was quiet so started looking for her. Searched every room, called, searched outside in the garden even though all the doors had been closed and she couldnt have gone outside. Searched all the rooms again, looked in the wardrobes, under the beds, on top of the wardrobes. After over an hour and fighting off tears, I opened the drawer I had put the paperwork in and there she was, fast asleep. I didnt know whether to scold her or hug her...she got a hug of course.

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have looked at all of the beds. She is smarter than to go there. Whenever she decides to vanish, she just leaves. No noise, no movement, no anything. Just "poof" and she's gone...and then a few hours later it's "poof" and she is back.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We lost our Persian called Bomber (since passed) for three days. We looked high and low inside and out and we were losing hope. We were in bed on the third night and heard a tiny meow. He'd been inside the bed base all along. Why didn't he cry out earlier? He was a bit dopey.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are mysterious enigmatic beings and have the ability to not be seen at their own liking. My Bourbon often does that to me. She "disappears" for an hour or more, only to find out that she is either just underneath the counters probably trying not to breath or move an inch so I would not be able to find her, or among my pile of clothes hiding like a chameleon. And everytime she never fails to make me go into panic mode.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oliver has managed to get outside on a couple of occasions, once overnight although we didn't realise he was out for the last one. In the morning when we didn't hear him do his usual request for food, it was panic mode x 1000 as he's very naive about the outdoors. We found him in a bush covered in those sticky little seed balls I don't know the name of. It took ages to get rid of them.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greg and arnold both like to hide and then watch me frantically look for them.

Can you spot greg?

20190729_100931.jpg

I only know he is in there cause I watched him go in. He will happily ignore my calls.

20190729_101102.jpg