Deworming New Kitten

Edleen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
I recently adopted a 10 (now 11) week old kitten and the rescue handed me half a drontal pill for me to give my cat, but after putting it in a safe place in my room, now I can't find it and I have to buy some kind of dewormer now. Any suggestions on the best one I can buy thats cheap in walmart or amazon that y'all have tried. Also any tips on how to deworm my cat and anything else I should know?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I would recommend asking your vet. They’ll know which dewormers are the safest and most effective.

• Purraise
Reactions: GGG

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Call the rescue and get another drontal. If your rescue can’t be reached on the weekend, call any other rescue. Drontal is not expensive and it’s what your kitten needs. I know you feel stupid, but I’m sure you’re not the first to misplace a pill. In fact, I had to call the pharmacy the other day because I misplaced an entire bottle of pills. Good luck with your new kitten and thank you for adopting from a rescue.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Edleen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
UPDATE:
I called my nearest vet office and they told me I could just come in and buy a pill for $6! What a lifesaver!