Deworm and Flea Treatment for kittens

laikenbrooke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello!
I recently took in 5 kittens along with their stray momma cat. I noticed a few of them may have had a flea or two on them around their bottoms. I want to treat them as soon as i can before it gets worse!
Any recommendations on flea treatment for kittens?

Also, should i deworm them too, even though I haven’t seen any worms?
Thanks!!

noani

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How old are they? Have you weighed them?
Both of these factors are important to consider when choosing the right treatment.

Deworming might be a good idea as they a) might have already got worms from their mom and b) fleas can contribute to some types of worms as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laikenbrooke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How old are they? Have you weighed them?
Both of these factors are important to consider when choosing the right treatment.

Deworming might be a good idea as they a) might have already got worms from their mom and b) fleas can contribute to some types of worms as well.
I am estimating about 6 weeks old. I have not weighed them

noani

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If possible, try to weigh them (using a kitchen scale and a bigger bowl if they won't be still).
Weight is an important factor too.

They might be too young for many flea treatments if they are just six weeks old. Off the top of my head, only frontline spray is advertised as being safe from a very early age. Many others advise 8 or even twelve weeks and/or 1.5 pounds in weight.

They are definitive old enough to be dewormed though. A vet might be able to help with deciding what product is best for them, and prescribe it if it needs a prescription.