Deworm And Deflea At The Same Time?

Kazbo93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We recently discovered our cat has a tapeworm and immediately ordered some deworming tablets but they don’t arrive till tomorrow. I know fleas cause tapeworms and he had fleas several months ago but after using some defleaing tablets and treating my apartment, they were gone. But he must have eaten one recently in order to cause the tapeworm. So I’m wondering if I can give him a deflea tablet today and then the deworming one tomorrow when it arrives. Is it safe? I tried looking online but couldn’t find the exact question. He hasn’t started displaying any of the really bad symptoms of having a tape worm like vomiting and loss of appetite so we would really like to treat ASAP.

And yes I know, we should take him to a vet but my cat is VERY skittish and does not let us pick him up or hold him (he only likes petting and cuddling but don’t you dare grab him), so it would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to get him to a vet in a timely manner. So any advice on a safe OTC way to treat both issues is really appreciated!!!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd have to agree with abyeb abyeb excellent advice on this one. If you don't have a vet willing to answer the question there is an online ask a vet service where it's about $15 for a basic question.