Devastating Situation

sharper16

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry. I too lost my girl last year to renal failure. She had the same symptoms as your pokey. She wasn't walking straight and she wasn't eating or drinking. I know exactly how you feel and you did a selfless act by letting go.

Take care.

kateang

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry abt pokey. I hope you feel better.Let anyone of us know if you need help with anything.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
-VilmeR- I'm so sorry to read that Pokey passed on. I too have an elderly cat, and I don't know how I'll be able to stand it, when his time comes. My heart goes out to you.

mjc2208

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so so sorry to hear about Pokey... I know that she was grateful to have you all there by her side in her last days. And no, you'll probably never be the same, but just remember that she loves you and is watching over you, and that you'll be together again some day. I'm very sorry for your loss; it sounds like she had a very loving family. RIP little angel

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

-vilmer-

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I still can't believe it... I am absolutely heartbroken.. she has been by my side for such a long time now.. It is like losing a sister. Words can't describe the pain I feel....

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So sorry to hear about Pokey's passing. I picked up this thread only after it had been moved here, so I knew what I was reading. Still it was a shock.

There's a hole in your heart so big the earth would fit with room to spare, and it's threathening to swallow you. It will take a while to heal, but it will heal. Sounds as if Pokey had a good life with a loving family and is now free of pain. You did the right and the loving thing.

Know that we'll all be thinking of you, and when you feel up to it, come tell us about your lovely baby who we never had a chance to meet.

Take care.