Desperate; Please Help--sick Kittens--diarrhea

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rennie090317

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all! Good news--I took both to the vet this morning and they are in good health except for the conjunctivitis, which we are treating. Neither is having diarrhea anymore!! All the tests came up negative, so that is puzzling. But it seems pretty obvious that the Marquis did the trick! They must have had coccidia or some protozoan thing. They will have a second dose of Marquis in a few days just to be safe.

I hope I am not celebrating prematurely but as of now, they are much better! Thank you guys so much for your support and encouragement. Hoping this conjunctivitis clears up--which I think it is showing improvement for sure--and then we'll have two healthy kitties on our hands!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH BRAVO! Now, just because they are getting all better, don't you go away! Stay with us and just have a bit of fun. And, at some point, your experience with your babies will help another person.

12catcrazy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all! Good news--I took both to the vet this morning and they are in good health except for the conjunctivitis, which we are treating. Neither is having diarrhea anymore!! All the tests came up negative, so that is puzzling. But it seems pretty obvious that the Marquis did the trick! They must have had coccidia or some protozoan thing. They will have a second dose of Marquis in a few days just to be safe.

I hope I am not celebrating prematurely but as of now, they are much better! Thank you guys so much for your support and encouragement. Hoping this conjunctivitis clears up--which I think it is showing improvement for sure--and then we'll have two healthy kitties on our hands!
That is such great news! I've been dealing with the conjunctivitis also for the past 2 plus weeks. My little male got it (started after one of my older cats had been sneezing for a few days), and he got the teramycin gel in his eyes (luckily he is very easy to medicate), and now that he's better, my young female has it. I have some leftover terramycin, and unfortunately, she isn't as easy to deal with as the little guy is. And they both are back to having loose poop as well. Oh, well, this too shall pass....

RLG

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Florastor! At walgreens will. Hault diahrrea