Desperate For Post-catheterization Advice!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

motherof5cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IMG_5338.JPG

So here we are, back home, making biscuits and we just peed. He hopped on to my lap and began to purr. My sweet boy is feeling much better already! The pain meds are probably kicking in too, but still. He also drank water. I'll try giving him food later so wish me luck :vibes::hearthrob:

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like he's on the mend, but the next two weeks will be draining on you, worrying about your fur child and their comfort.

I am ridiculously fortunate with Tom. Whenever he goes to the vet or the hospital or the ER, everyone tells me what an easy going social cat he is. He's always happy to see us, but I say to him "so tell me about your adventures while I was away".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

motherof5cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sounds like he's on the mend, but the next two weeks will be draining on you, worrying about your fur child and their comfort.
Oh I'm 100% sure about that. He's hyperactive so I had to contain him in his room. I let him run around and sniff everything for about an hour and the rest of the family was cool about it, some curious looks but no hissing.

I saved the best for last.. He ate on his own! I'm gonna feed him some more to make sure he gets enough food in his system - wet food of course - but I think that he will eat on his own. I'm worried about pain when the meds wear off but the vet told me that he should be fine. He has a scheduled check up on Tuesday hopefully all goes well.

I'm stressed because I work 9-5 and he will be alone. The vet reassured me that the chances that something goes incredibly wrong in the time frame are basically non-existent, with the exception that he manages to take his cone off comehow and removes his stitches.