Desperate for advice

kay23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, have joined this in the hope of finding some answers. My partner & I recently moved after our landlord sold our home. My cat Sesha is coming up to 8 years old & has always loved the outdoors, in the summer spending most of her time outside. We've made a huge mistake as we didn't realise the road was so busy where we are (we viewed just after Xmas it was quiet). It's a country lane quiet at times but then cars go whizzing & it's busy at certain times also. We have been here 2 months & I cannot let Sesha out as is too dangerous, 2 neighbours cats were killed on our road. We tried harness training but walking on a lead is not enough for her. We are trying to get out of our contract but with great difficulty as we have to come up with £2500 & rely on the agency finding a new tenant! In the meantime we thought about building a cat run but after much research it seems it will cost too much & that we may be better off saving the money to get out. Does anyone know of any way of building a cat run cheaply? It would have to be quite large in order to make her a bit happier until we can move. Failing that does anyone have any other ideas as to what we can do? My only other option is to take the cat & go stay with my dad until we can get out of here which could be 3-6 months! Sesha is crying every day to go out & im crying every day feeling trapped. I have ME so at least I'm here with her in the day but I feel like I can't go out at all or even go in my garden as I feel I need to keep her company. She has got very clingy & has begun crying in the night, in her sleep I think. I really don't know what to do

cinqchats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I saw a new thing at the pet store on Saturday, it's like a big pop-up mesh tent for your kitties to sit in outside. I see several brands online and a few are pretty reasonable!

cocobutterfly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Poor thing, and I feel for you. There are many cat habitat gears available. Just to give you an idea, below are some cat habitats available in the states. You may be able to find something similar where you live:

serenitythecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you have a backyard, maybe you can build some sort of temporary "outdoor cat room" for her. I'm wishing you luck with you, your family, and your kitty.