Describe Your Favourite Movie.....

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't mind subtitles at all, upsetting as in a lot of violence or torture? I don't do torture
I would not say there is actual torture. There is one scene where it kind of starts as torture, but things change quickly when the main character sees the guy's phone. It starts up a bit again, but it is not "torture" torture. The guy in question is the man who actually killed the child Geum-ja confessed to killing in order to save her own daughter from being murdered. There is one more scene that might be considered kind of torture, but I do not want to give any more away.

The violence is graphic but not GRAPHIC, if that makes sense. I am not good with torture scenes or graphic violence, but I was okay with this film because the story is so much more than the violence.

The most disturbing/upsetting part for me is when they show clips from videos. If you watch it, you will know what I mean. I have only watched that part once in the several times I have watched the movie. I always skip forward, even though the scene is rather short.

Last edited:

Roxabelle

Human slave to Sinclair the Kitten
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1) A couple die but their house gets sold and new people move in and redecorate.

2) An old guy builds a big park but it all goes a bit tits up. They get the phones working again though.

3) Some children get a detention. It’s on a Saturday and they have to write an essay.

4) A kid decides to have a day off school with his friends. He doesn’t get caught and he’s home in time for dinner.

5) In a two-parter, a disgruntled woman works her way through her a to-do list. Spoiler alert: she does everything on the list.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What does the guy say when the girl asks, " What do you think Ferris is going to do? " ? I can't understand what he is saying.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
What does the guy say when the girl asks, " What do you think Ferris is going to do? " ? I can't understand what he is saying.
He's going to be a fry-cook at Venus" ha!!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Man is a lonely widower
His friend suggests a fake audition, telling the candidates it's for a movie roll, not for a wife
a psychopath is chosen

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
A woman is in love with her cousin who rejects her and marries another. She promises to take care of his sick wife if he should not return from war.
Which one is this, Deb?

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was Ashley Scarlett's cousin? I never knew that, ha!

Ashley and Melanie were cousins, not Scarlet and Ashley. It was a tradition in the Wilkes's family to marry cousins, which is why Scarlet never had a chance with him. There is a question as to what type of cousins they were, though many believe she was his first cousin.

I found a chart based on the book that shows various possibilities without giving a real answer. Still, it is a fun chart.
#104: O Cousin, What Art Thou?

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some jerk and a dogman fly around in a spacegoing Winnebago and get into fights with some guys wearing obnoxiously large round helmets.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Ashley and Melanie were cousins, not Scarlet and Ashley. It was a tradition in the Wilkes's family to marry cousins, which is why Scarlet never had a chance with him. There is a question as to what type of cousins they were, though many believe she was his first cousin.
Now that creeps me out!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A bunch of crazy people chase tornadoes in the name of science and saving people. A couple of them see a flying cow......twice, then almost get sucked up.