Depo Medrol

agillila

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all - has anyone ever had a negative experience with the depo medrol steroid shot? I took Orion to the vet three days ago for very slight wheezing sounds I'd been hearing for awhile. They think he has allergies or asthma. They gave him a shot to see if the anti-inflammatory properties would help him. That night through now he has been extremely lethargic, and seemingly depressed (uninterested in things he usually likes, won't jump up where he generally sits, mostly just lies down, way less vocal, etc). It seems like it might be the shot? I emailed the vet who said that sometimes this can be a side effect but it's very uncommon. They also told me to bring him back sooner rather than later, so we're going back tomorrow. Has anyone dealt with this?

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I’ve had several cats on depomedrol but have never seen what you describe. However, the time course of the reaction does suggest a relationship. Im glad you are seeing a vet soon.

Has Orion stopped wheezing, at least?

Please let us have some follow-up. And a photo of Orion :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

agillila

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Orion, who is currently being sad and hiding in a spot I can't reach:

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry he’s being sad :( He’s adorable. Beautiful green eyes and I so love tuxedo kitties! I hope he feels better soon.

beccakb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How long did these symptoms last? My cat is experiencing very similar side effects from an injection of Depomedrol. Was there anything the vet was able to do or did you just have to wait it out?