Dental Surgery Last Month Sinus Surgery Last Week

tfonda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi my cat Emmy has had a rough 3 months. She was a stray living under the House next door when I moved in. She lived there for 6 years. She’s been living indoors with me for about a year. She got sick with sinus stuff about 3 months ago. She’s been on antibiotics since. She ended up having dental surgery 6 teeth removed and a old broken root that was abscessed. She continued to have swelling in her sinus. He did surgery last week on her sinus and removed dried puss and some bone fragment and just came home yesterday. Now every time she tries to eat dry cat food she chokes and throws it up. She can eat canned food fine. She looks good I’m just wondering if anyone has any experience with a similar situation. She’s been through so much and is such a fighter! I just want her well so she can finally enjoy the life she deserves! I’m hoping her throat might be irritated and It will get better.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Dry food can be hard on a cat, especially after facial surgery. I'd suggest keeping her on wet for several days, and then trying the dry again. If the choking persists after a couple of weeks, give your vet a call back, or if she has a followup appointment with him, ask then.