Denamarin can this be hidden in a treat

kaylakat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. I just been told by my vet my elderly cat who has kidney diesase after blood work has elevated liver enzymes so she's been prescribed Denamarin. I tried to pop it into her mouth but she won't let me . So I hid it on cheese . Is this OK as I know it says should be given on empty stomach plus it's high protein so not sure if it's damaging her kidneys . Just want to do right thing 4 her. So what's best?
Thanks x

Last edited by a moderator:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
It's suggested to not hide the denamarin in treats or food.
Would your vet have a technician who could stop by to help pill her? Would your vet consider milk thistle as an alternative ( which is easier to give)?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaylakat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. I don't live near vets so it's not possible sadly for them to pop over daily .. they don't seem to do that in uk.

smbsocal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have used Greenies Pill Pockets before but it only worked for a short period of time. After a while the cats will chew up the Pill Pocket and figure out that bad 'stuff' it hidden inside and will avoid it regardless of if you put something in it or not.

kaylakat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you. I will ask. I have emailed the company who makes the pills if its OK to hide in cheese, if not I will ask vet about milk thistle

Thank you for the kidney site too xx

kaylakat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi hope everyone had a nice Christmas and Happy New year.
The company who makes Denamarin advised you can hide in a bit of food so I popped it in pill pockets.

Last edited by a moderator: