Definitely fever coat but possibly smoke ?

Shauna.anne

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is echo and he will be 4 months old in 2 weeks . Here is what he looked like when I got him and that’s him now . Does it look like he could possibly be smoke behind his fever coat ? Opinions of his eyes will stay this blue/white or turn ? IMG_3808.png IMG_4408.png IMG_4412.png IMG_4419.png

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a unique looking cat! At 4 months, I'd say his eyes are mostly done changing or nearing that point. I haven't ever seen a black cat with those eyes! Is his rump still kind of grey? The front of him looks pretty black now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shauna.anne

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a unique looking cat! At 4 months, I'd say his eyes are mostly done changing or nearing that point. I haven't ever seen a black cat with those eyes! Is his rump still kind of grey? The front of him looks pretty black now.
Yes he’s still got some gray on his rump and he has random gray strands all over his body. He doesn’t sit still long enough for me to get a good picture so I’ve been taking videos and screenshotting them. He’s full of energy!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He looks solid black to me, with a chest locket.
You need to part the fur and look at the roots to assess if smoke or not. Smoke will look light grey/whitish at the root level. Random grey/white hairs is typical of solid black cats and is not indicative of being a smoke.