Decorative Fountain?

susieqz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i've been reading posts saying cats don't drink enow.
they recommend a cat fountain.
if the bowl of water i leave out isn't sufficient, can i use a decorative fountain?
i've been thinking of adding a water feature to my garden anyway.
will a cat make use of a pretty fountain?
i can get one solar powered, unlike cat fountains.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

susieqz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
that's funny.
i guess i'll just buy a fountain for my garden. feral cat has her bowl of water.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

We have four outside fountains plus some standing bird baths. Our cats absolutely love them. Their favorite is a low one but they will happily drink from any of them. Just keep the water fresh by overfilling it about once a week (so that debris drains out and it airates well).

20170801_211226.png

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a solar fountain on my deck. The cats love it. The only down side is that I have to completely change the water at least 2-3x each week. Since it is solar powered and doesn't run continuously, it needs to be cleaned frequently. Yet my cats prefer it over the other bowls of water I have on the deck.

Raevyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitty loves her fountain. we got her one for downstairs and soon after she got used to it she started pushing her other water bowls around to check the water level - she never used to do that until she got a fountain. I was getting up in the night and stepping into a water bowl that was in the middle of the floor because she bat it around the room. so I had to replace all her bowls of standing water inside with fountains. we just have one of those huge gallon ice cream pales outside filled with water for her and the others cats in the area