DECLAWING

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

camillel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Some great ideas. Some are already in use. Salem, like Tigger and Sam have the run of the house except the bathroom. She knows she can go wherever she wants and there are no humans home during the day to watch or play. They do keep each other occupied. And have alot of toys. She does the curtain climbing anf furniture scratching I think mostly when we are home She just gets so excited and forgets. Trimmed her front nails last night She thought we were playing But wouldn't let me do the back Will try those on Saturday She really is doing good I guess I just got worried because David was so for the declawing but he is coming around Thank you everyone

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Double sided sticky tape (available in large strips at pet stores) placed on areas of the furniture that hes attracted to is a great deterrent that works 24 hours a day.
You took the words right off of my keyboard.  Double-sided sticky tape can be a life saver.  And it isn't forever.  Don't forget that claws can also be capped without harming your cat.  And they come in all sorts of colors and patterns...almost like a trip to a nail salon!