Death of my cat

kittyandruby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello I am writing to see if anyone can explain or have an idea on how my two outdoor/indoor cats died. Two of my cats have died the first one dying on July and the other dying two days ago. My cat Heavenly (1 year old) died on July when I found her crying outside the window and realized she wasn't getting up so I picked her up for I had felt something was wrong with her and put her inside the house. She was gasping for air so I thought she was choking until she started to have foul smelling diarrhea coming out and was becoming aggressive. I called for help but it was to late and she died in 5 minutes. I always questioned how my girl died? Did someone poison her? Did she eat something bad? My next girl Blue died 2 days ago as I found her on a sidewalk. She was cold and hard as a rock. Her mouth appeared to be full of dirt and her eyes were open. My dad recalls seeing her at 11:00 pm and I started to worry at 2:00 am when she didn't come back with the rest of her siblings to eat. Then I worried even more because she always comes home to sleep and cuddle up with me. I spent all night looking for my girl. I just want to know what could have happened to them? After this I have left my 8 cats inside. I understand the consequences that comes from leaving your cats outdoors but my girls never crossed the street when cars would go by and always stayed in the neighborhood. Especially, my sweet little Blue.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello I am writing to see if anyone can explain or have an idea on how my two outdoor/indoor cats died. Two of my cats have died the first one dying on July and the other dying two days ago. My cat Heavenly (1 year old) died on July when I found her crying outside the window and realized she wasn't getting up so I picked her up for I had felt something was wrong with her and put her inside the house. She was gasping for air so I thought she was choking until she started to have foul smelling diarrhea coming out and was becoming aggressive. I called for help but it was to late and she died in 5 minutes. I always questioned how my girl died? Did someone poison her? Did she eat something bad? My next girl Blue died 2 days ago as I found her on a sidewalk. She was cold and hard as a rock. Her mouth appeared to be full of dirt and her eyes were open. My dad recalls seeing her at 11:00 pm and I started to worry at 2:00 am when she didn't come back with the rest of her siblings to eat. Then I worried even more because she always comes home to sleep and cuddle up with me. I spent all night looking for my girl. I just want to know what could have happened to them? After this I have left my 8 cats inside. I understand the consequences that comes from leaving your cats outdoors but my girls never crossed the street when cars would go by and always stayed in the neighborhood. Especially, my sweet little Blue.
I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am for the loss of your two babies. 

It sounds like foul play to me. Do you have any neighbors or are there any children around who you know resent your cats? It sounds to me like Heavenly ingested something pretty bad that was left out. It may not have been on purpose of course if someone had sprayed for insects/rodents, etc recently or something like that. 

Blue's mouth being full of dirt doesn't sound good. Now I could be wrong but that sounds like something a nasty human would do. 

The only real way to determine exactly what happened is by having a necropsy (autopsy) done. At this point, you could only have one done on Blue if she has not been cremated already since she passed so recently. 

That is a horrible thing to have to endure. It's entirely possible that they were both ill and died of natural causes but I am quite suspicious. I hope I'm wrong and it was not because of cruel humans. It's entirely possible that Heavenly passed because of poisoning due to someone simply spraying for pests or something and it was not intended to harm her or any pet but you may never know. 

Please, please, please keep your cats inside. Even though they avoid the street when cars are near, there are so many other things out there that can harm them. It just is not worth it. 

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

Please, please, please keep your cats inside. Even though they avoid the street when cars are near, there are so many other things out there that can harm them. It just is not worth it. 
I'm in agreement with Kat0 121 that it sounds suspicious and could possibly be animal cruelty.  However, also second her thoughts on ingesting something unsafe outdoors.  Therefore, I couldn't agree more about keeping the other cats inside.  

I'm so terribly sorry for both your losses, my sincere condolences and heartfelt sympathies go out to you.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyandruby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am for the loss of your two babies. :hugs:

It sounds like foul play to me. Do you have any neighbors or are there any children around who you know resent your cats? It sounds to me like Heavenly ingested something pretty bad that was left out. It may not have been on purpose of course if someone had sprayed for insects/rodents, etc recently or something like that. 

Blue's mouth being full of dirt doesn't sound good. Now I could be wrong but that sounds like something a nasty human would do. :sigh:

The only real way to determine exactly what happened is by having a necropsy (autopsy) done. At this point, you could only have one done on Blue if she has not been cremated already since she passed so recently. 

That is a horrible thing to have to endure. It's entirely possible that they were both ill and died of natural causes but I am quite suspicious. I hope I'm wrong and it was not because of cruel humans. It's entirely possible that Heavenly passed because of poisoning due to someone simply spraying for pests or something and it was not intended to harm her or any pet but you may never know. 

Please, please, please keep your cats inside. Even though they avoid the street when cars are near, there are so many other things out there that can harm them. It just is not worth it. :alright:
Since that happened my cats have remained indoors. I have a neighbor who I believe might be responsible but I just can't prove it. My cats would always grab rats but I realized there's no way the rats have poisoning because none of my other cats died. The neighbors were upset because they accused my cats of eating their bird but there's no way it was them because any bird they grab they bring into the house and it's always alive. My dad also believed they were poisoned because of the fast heartbeat, gasping of air, aggressiveness, and diarrhea. I can't do a autopsy on my Blue because my the time I was going to grab here to take her someone had already taken her.

kittyandruby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am for the loss of your two babies. :hugs:

Blue's mouth being full of dirt doesn't sound good. Now I could be wrong but that sounds like something a nasty human would do. :sigh:

Please, please, please keep your cats inside. Even though they avoid the street when cars are near, there are so many other things out there that can harm them. It just is not worth it. :alright:
My cats were not ill at all. I had just taken them to the vet to get checked and they were fine. 2 months ago they did have a cold but they got better. I just feel the same way that someone had to hurt my cats.

kittyandruby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm in agreement with Kat0 121 that it sounds suspicious and could possibly be animal cruelty.  However, also second her thoughts on ingesting something unsafe outdoors.  Therefore, I couldn't agree more about keeping the other cats inside.  

I'm so terribly sorry for both your losses, my sincere condolences and heartfelt sympathies go out to you.:hugs:  
That day before Blue died she was cuddled up with me and I kissed her head and told her that I loved her. She ate, played and slept again. She then went outside my dad seeing her last at 11:00 pm. I went to look for her and the rest of the cats to feed them but when she didn't come with them I got worried. She never comes alone and she always stays near the block never goes too far. My girl was happy and loving and it's just sad to find your cat hard as a rock, dead with dirt in her mouth and ants all over her. She looked like she was dead for days.

kittyandruby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last edited: