Deaf cat shouting

cyldman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hey guys so i have this white deaf male cat. We did an operation so he couldn't get my female cats pregnant when he was young. He is an 2 years old cat and i love him.
From the start.. He has an issue. Since he is deaf.. Whenever he does the meow... He shouts... Hard.
This is a problem because he does it randomly. Specially at night. My house is not big and he hear him... He sleeps through the day and i try to keep him awake so he sleeps at night.
He has food, water, and comfort. We tried all possible case scenario like sleeping with one of us sleeping without food, sleeping with a light on, sleeping with other cats. He always shout. And we cannot sleep at night.
Our vet advised to give him some pills. I don't like to do that, but sometimes we do, he gets all sleepy and drugged for half a day.. I hate it...

There is something about him... He scratches himself alot... He has no kind of bacterias or whatever in his body. The vet told it could be the food, we changed alot of times but he still has marks on his body for self injury like self bites etc.

He specially scratches alot after going to bathroom, and then shouts hardly.

But most of the time, it's random.
I don't know if it's a cry for attention... Have any ideas?

massivedynamic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
LOL we have a white deaf cat also. i totally know what you mean about the yelling. with ours is all about attention. he gets lonely when everyone's asleep and starts yelling unless hes in the bedroom. 

massivedynamic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i just read the rest, thats awful you have to give him sleeping pills.  seems your cat is a bit more extreme than ours. im sorry to hear that. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cyldman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah and I don't know if I put him in my bedroom, he doesn't sleep too, he starts shouting...

I really wish there was something I could do, because giving him pills, it's not good for him, and it's not a permanent solution....