Deaf and blind cat, Help!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tighe540

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am not sure which steroid he gave her as he didn't charge me. I think they feel guilty about what happened to Purdy. Purdy has no sense of smell at present. Gave her another syringe full about half an hour ago and she was more responsive this time. A bit of hissing and spitting but the 'yum, yum, yum' when the food was going down. Can't understand why she stopped eating as she had progressed from the syringe to mush and then mashed and was eating quite well. Then she started just lapping the moisture and leaving the food. That was why the vet gave her the steroids to improve her appetite. Will keep persevering and thanks for your advice. I really appreciate it.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad you got some food in her. One syringe, I hate to say it, isn't nearly enough. But it's a good start!
Though I guess you did say it was "another" one.

I forgot to include info about the syringes I use. They were recommended by TCS member Carolina, and they are GREAT. Four Paws Easy Feeder Syringe.
Easy to use, easy to clean. They come in sets of two, one is for liquid. I just use a knife and cut off that thin tip off, and then I've got two 15ml syringes. Lazlo kind of chomps on the ends as I feed him, so I find they have to be replaced every 5 - 6 days or so, depending upon how much I have to feed him (he's eating on his own now).