De-dust miting a cat

samus

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have terrible allergies (frequently causing asthma) and my cat makes them worse. But I'm not allergic to cat, according to a skin prick allergen test. Instead, I'm WAYYYY allergic to dust mites. My allergist says my cat's carrying around dust and dust mites in her fur and I should bathe her more. But I don't want to irritate her skin (it's pretty dry and flaky, I'm sure the dust mites love that). Anyone have advice on how I can make my cat less dusty?? I use a furminator every week or two (not very thoroughly, she doesn't cooperate). I tried a soft bristled brush, but it doesn't collect her hair at all and just makes a hair/dust/allergy cloud. Whenever I brush her I get a stuffy nose and puffy eyes. But I love cuddling her so much.

oreo88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm allergic to dust too and when I first got my cat he ran everywhere!!  Under the bed, on top of cabinets among others. I used similar wipes and they seem to do well.  Is there anyway you can dust those surfaces?? I found that there are some chlorox dust wipes that will clean up a lot of dust as well.