Danger or ok?

Ghoulofnagoya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So my boy Levi and I have been playing all morning. He slept on bed with me and we played with wand toys. I gave him 5 small “kittles brabd” treats. Then more pkay and about 5 minutes later he threw up a small lump of tge treats and maybe catfood. Not a hairball. Then moved to different location vomited brown goo then another location goo but size of dime.
Do you think he just ate too much? Sick?

I just worry because last time he did this was 2 years ago and he had swallowed a rubberband. the vomiting became every hour and I was so scared back then. So far he only vomited and stopped. I have been with him 10 minutes since vomiting and he is on perch of cat tree looking out the window.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you ever eaten a meal before some physical activity?

What happens? You barf up some of your lunch. Right?

Same thing with your cat. He had a snack then went out running around. Barf city! ;)

Don't worry so much. If it doesn't happen any more, no worries.

Next time, give him some time to digest his food before playing. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ghoulofnagoya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have you ever eaten a meal before some physical activity?

What happens? You barf up some of your lunch. Right?

Same thing with your cat. He had a snack then went out running around. Barf city! ;)

Don't worry so much. If it doesn't happen any more, no worries.

Next time, give him some time to digest his food before playing. :)
Yea I was overly worried. He was a little lethargic after but now he seems really energetic and like himself.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is like the old saying, "Don't go swimming after you eat."

While you won't die from swimming after you eat, the truth is more nuanced. If you participate in strenuous activity on a full stomach, you won't be able to perform as well as if you didn't have a full stomach and it is more likely that you will throw up.

If you want to perform better or if you don't want to take the risk of feeling upset, it would be smart to consider having a rest after eating.