Daisy

millyanddaisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I acquired Daisy from Cats Protection in January 1999, she was six months old at the time. She came with another cat who we had to have pts in March 2011. Daisy was always a very stressed cat, never robustly healthy and had to have her life managed very carefully as she had been very ill through stress more than once in the past.

I was delighted that she reached her sixteenth birthday in July this year. WIth her health issues I didn't think she would be such a survivor. But survive she did - just about. She was very ill in February and we thought it might be the end then but she pulled through again and has spent the past few months pottering about, sleeping a lot and eating the most expensive cat food available (yes, we were spoiling her - and why not?)

A couple of weeks ago she began to decline, and my OH woke me one night to tell me I'd better come down as she was in a bad way. She had had several little fits and he didn't think she would live to see the morning. I spent the rest of the night on the sofa with her, but although she was still alive in the morning it became clear that she really didn't know where she was any more.

I was at the vet when they opened in the morning and they saw us straight away. The vet agreed that there was not much they could do to help her, so Daisy was pts there and then. She had stopped breathing before the vet had finished injecting her, she was so weak by this time. Daisy was with us for nearly 16 years, the longest stay pet we've ever had. We buried her next to Milly, her cat companion for so many years.

You can imagine how much we miss our dear little cat but she had a long and happy life and we can feel content with that. Here is a little pic of Daisy from earlier on in the year.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for sharing her story, you were a wonderful presence in her life to give her such care, and I'm sure she returned your love a hundredfold. Time is the only thing that helps with the pain when we lose such a valued member of our families, I'm sure it comforted her greatly to have you with her at the end, though it broke your heart to have to let her go. I'm sure she joined Milly across that Rainbow Bridge, another angel to decorate our heavens. Please accept my condolences, I know how much it hurts. Try to celebrate the legacy she left you, the love that is shared between human and feline, a wondrous love that can never be forgotten. RIP beautiful Daisy, you were greatly loved!

catconcern

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Condolences. Got my boy around March 99 and he was put to sleep July this year. Hard to lose such a big part of out lives, and ourselves.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
My condolences. Sixteen is a long life for a cat, but no matter how long they're with us, it's always too short a time. RIP, sweet Daisy. :rbheart:

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
what a sweet picture of Daisy. I'm sooo sorry for your loss... 16 years... kudos to you for loving her with her conditions as well.

bgregory

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss.  Daisy was very blessed to have you as her caretaker for 16 yrs.  She would never have survived that long without your love and tender loving care.  How kind of you to love her so much.   May she rest in peace.