Daisy - the Shredder

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am glad Daisy doesn't shred toilet paper.  
 Here she is on her paper towel mountain, as posted in previous thread.  Bounty is her favorite brand.  

I can hear her shredding something right now.  I need to find her...I like to maintain visual contact.  Ah, now she is on the bed.  Attacking Speck.  
   (No worries...he'll be fine.)

Last edited:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I tried flipping the roll to where the paper comes out under instead of over but that didn't work. I don't have any empty plastic bottles on hand, but I did get a idea for a temporary fix for the time being. I booby-trapped the toilet paper by putting some tomato soup cans I'd been saving (for a tomato soup can-cake recipe) on top of the roll. Now if she tries anything, the cans should fall off and clatter loudly on the floor. So far she's stayed away; maybe she doesn't like the smell of the cans.

On another note, I think I will make a thread on Cat Logic. Hehehe.
That would be an interesting thread.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Here she is on her paper towel mountain, as posted in previous thread.  Bounty is her favorite brand.  

I can hear her shredding something right now.  I need to find her...I like to maintain visual contact.  Ah, now she is on the bed.  Attacking Speck.  
 I can't stop laughing.  I'm sorry Daisy!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

I love the above photo, because it shows Daisy choosing to lay on something very soft....like a 'giant sized paper towel cat bed'.  Daisy is just beautiful.  Very regal looking.

I think the ad was the 'quicker picker upper'...so naturally Daisy would know this ad, and therefore,  @nurseangel....you'll always have a challenging time to keep up with Daisy's quick disappearing acts.  (Bad pun....I know. 
)

Seriously, though, I am glad you mentioned that Speck will be fine...after "hearing" some "shredding sounds".  I was a bit worried 

for Speck, that is, not for Daisy.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw, thank you for the compliments on my good girl Daisy.  
  I will pass them along to her.  

I should have clarified...the shredding noises were her gnawing on a cardboard box.  When we get something big, we keep the box for the cats to play in.  She wasn't shredding Speck.  She sure was slapping him, though.  

Last edited:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went out to the garden and shamelessly picked a few strawberries and at them on the spot.  They were half-ripe and maybe I felt guilty for not sharing with my good girl Daisy.  But she has plenty...DH bought a container at the store.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

I went out to the garden and shamelessly picked a few strawberries and at them on the spot.  They were half-ripe and maybe I felt guilty for not sharing with my good girl Daisy.  But she has plenty...DH bought a container at the store.
  I'm just a tad bit envious of this garden, and especially warm climate, ..since I don't think strawberries ripen here until june or july.  But half-ripe are a bit sour, so maybe that's an acquired taste...Somewhat like Daisy liking strawberries. 

@nurseangel   I really would not worry or feel guilty, unless you happen to:) see Daisy glaring at you from the window; blocking your entrance to get back into the home;  trying cat-figure eights to get you to suddenly drop things; or having a whole bunch more 'covers of books being 'shredded on'.
  Good thing that your DH brought home that strawberry container, or we might have heard more 'shredding',

'slapping' noises. 

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am envious of your cooler climate!  
  It is my dream to move to Maine; we just don't get adequate snow here.  I like warm weather only for gardening, fresh peaches, and beach trips, though I haven't been to the beach in years.  

We did get Daisy some strawberries yesterday.  She was so happy.
 She knew as soon as we brought in the groceries they were there.  She also tried to take a tomato sandwich from me, but she doesn't eat tomatoes.  Bet she was after mayonnaise.  

Last night, Daisy shredded a lottery ticket.  She found it on my computer table.
   Good thing it wasn't a winner...I had checked the numbers already online.  I keep my unchecked lottery tickets safe from her grubby little hands. Or so I think...

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's funny that Daisy shreds the books you pay too much attention to. Gin kun is a tactical puker. Rarely pukes, but if you leave a neatly folded pile of laundry on the sofa or any important documents on the table they always seem to get hit.

I spent a free hour cleaning out my shoe closet yesterday and got my summer sandals out for the first time this year thinking, "It's a nice day, maybe I'll wear these out." Left them by the front door for half an hour and, yep, you guessed it, he puked in them.

Back to wearing my sneakers I guess.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
It's funny that Daisy shreds the books you pay too much attention to. Gin kun is a tactical puker. Rarely pukes, but if you leave a neatly folded pile of laundry on the sofa or any important documents on the table they always seem to get hit.

I spent a free hour cleaning out my shoe closet yesterday and got my summer sandals out for the first time this year thinking, "It's a nice day, maybe I'll wear these out." Left them by the front door for half an hour and, yep, you guessed it, he puked in them.

Back to wearing my sneakers I guess.
I might have to start looking at my cat a little differently.  I never knew there was such a thing as a 'tactical puker'.
..but it makes a whole lot of sense, now.
  I just thought my cat, Spotty, was just complaining about the vet prescription k/d diet food that he's on...and the taste was unappealing...(like eating 'healthy food' takes some getting used to.)  Spotty does not do the 'strategic vomiting' on folded laundry, but does prefer the carpet runners, and often makes sure that I do, indeed notice it.
  I just thought that he chose carpet fabric, cat bed fabric, etc...so as to help soak up the liquid contents...thus helping me out...in the clean-up. (That is kind of 'tactical' when i think about it.) 

I am envious of your cooler climate!  
  It is my dream to move to Maine; we just don't get adequate snow here.  I like warm weather only for gardening, fresh peaches, and beach trips, though I haven't been to the beach in years.  

We did get Daisy some strawberries yesterday.  She was so happy.
 She knew as soon as we brought in the groceries they were there.  She also tried to take a tomato sandwich from me, but she doesn't eat tomatoes.  Bet she was after mayonnaise.  

Last night, Daisy shredded a lottery ticket.  She found it on my computer table.
   Good thing it wasn't a winner...I had checked the numbers already online.  I keep my unchecked lottery tickets safe from her grubby little hands. Or so I think...

Thinking that Daisy may have been influenced by some dog watching or something...because chewing and stealing sandwiches are typical dog behaviour.  (Don't tell her I said that, though.
..I don't want to ruffle her fur.  Perhaps she watches some animal shows, or hears things through the 'cat grape vine')

Ooo...I hope I never have to hear the "Late Night News" announce that 'Happily...a person in the States, just won the lottery.  Sadly, this person's cat shredded their lottery ticket, because they 'thought' their tickets were safe...from 'grubby little hands'.
...And in International News...cat saves person (@Norachan) from hurting their ankle, by 'tactically puking' in their summer sandals, making sure that 'sensible sneakers' were worn that day.  (ahh, seriously, cats are amazing.)