Daisy and the strawberries

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've mentioned here before how much Daisy loves strawberries.  Maybe they helped her survive when she was in the wild, or maybe she just has a taste for them.  DH brought home a box of them today.  Daisy went crazy for them.   DH crushed up a few and put them on a paper towel for her.  Would you believe she has been guarding them almost all evening.  I don't think she's left them for more than a few minutes.  She's not eating them; she's just making sure no one else does. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lol.  She has finally broke down and eaten the strawberries.  There's about half of one remaining.  I hope the strawberries in my garden flourish this year.  She will be so happy.  If not, there's always the grocery store... 

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH has given her more and she's been guarding them again.  It's funny; she doesn't guard her food or cat treats.  I guess strawberries are just too precious and rare to be left unattended. 

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm almost fully recovered from a bout with the flu and decided to celebrate with some strawberries and melted chocolate.  Daisy woke up and jumped off the cat tree as soon as she realized what I had on my plate.  I gave her a big strawberry (minus the chocolate, of course) on a paper towel in the kitchen.  The next time I walked by, she was laying beside the strawberry, nibbling delicately on it.  She reminded me of a woman in old painting eating grapes.