Daily Thread HUMP day Dec 16th

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning peeps!

It's the coldest day of the year
So far...tomorrow is supposed to be colder!
I am worried about my car starting.

Off to work in a bit. DH is going to the hockey game tonight so I will go to aerobics class.

Not much going on.........you all have a good one!

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good AM everyone, Cold here too. 18 degrees.

Making Christmas cookies today for a couple of friends. Running out of catfood so have to make a trip to vets and Walmart for more.

Keep warm all!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH woke me up at 6am to tell me the hot water tank is leaking. The plumber we normally call won't be here until 12pm-2pm. There is this bar filled with liquor in front of the heating room. Somehow I have to empty it and move it on my own. It's going to be an interesting day.

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's a cold 19 degrees outside, with windchill of 11 degrees.

I woke up at the very early 6:30 this morning because half of the bed was empty and cold.

Now we're sitting here watching TV and I'm seriously considering going back to bed.

I plan to spend at least some part of my day reading my new Laurel K Hamilton book.
Gonna be a boring day here today.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

DH woke me up at 6am to tell me the hot water tank is leaking. The plumber we normally call won't be here until 12pm-2pm. There is this bar filled with liquor in front of the heating room. Somehow I have to empty it and move it on my own. It's going to be an interesting day.
Uh oh...do you rent it? If so, they will pay for the repairs..or replacement.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Uh oh...do you rent it? If so, they will pay for the repairs..or replacement.
Mom's house but we are in limbo to buy.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning

Well, I'm feeling a tad better this morning, so that is a good thing.

The 2 younger kitties have their freedom back
(I had locked em in a room because when they came home from their neuter, they still had some oozing, so I didn't want them running around) and are happy about that.

There's snow on the ground that seems to be staying
I can still see grass tho
I don't like having green xmas's.

Not too much happening today, no appts or anything.

Have a good day folks.

oodlesofpoodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good morning. Kinda blah today. I am sitting at work waiting to go home (in 7 hours lol) because i dont feel like being here.

It seems my family is full of gossips. It makes me want to move away.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!

Cold and Snowy here today.

Not a whole lot planned. I have to sweep off my stairs then maybe walk down to the corner store for a couple of things.

Other then that it's just going to be a lazy day.

All the kitties are napping right now.

Everyone have a great day

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Brr, cold here too, but only -10C or so. I hope the wind doesn't pick up.
Not too busy a day today, should be enjoyable.
Hey if anyone needs helps emptying a liquor cabinet, please give me a call!

Have a good day everyone!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Brr, cold here too, but only -10C or so. I hope the wind doesn't pick up.
Not too busy a day today, should be enjoyable.
Hey if anyone needs helps emptying a liquor cabinet, please give me a call!

Have a good day everyone!
Come on over!

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning. Cool but not cold here. I'm getting my new glasses this afternoon and have a meeting tonight, that's about all the excitement I can handle at the moment. LOL.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gary's still getting over this round of the flu, so another quiet day for us. A couple of meetings are taking place that we arranged but don't need to be part of, so that works.

Quiet day.

Neuro appt for Gary tomorrow.... so we're up at 4:30am to make our AM appt in the Bronx.

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having a heat wave here. Today, for the first time in almost a week, the morning temp has been above -25°C,m was all the way to -22°C but that wind is still hanging on so, air temp is moot.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Neuro appt for Gary tomorrow.... so we're up at 4:30am to make our AM appt in the Bronx.
Yuck, I feel your pain. I have some training tomorrow morning at 7:30. I'll probably have to get up by 5:30 at the latest to make it. I'm used to getting up at around 8, so that's going to be painful.

I'm working from home today. I don't have anything to write ATM, so I'm trying to get some sims going that will be used for validation purposes later. I did the first full-up run through on the codes I'm using for my simulations and they worked! That's really good news because it means my idea works, at least in principle, and therefore I'll probably be able to graduate.

I'll be working a bit more this morning and then I'm going to cook some hamburgers in the skillet for lunch.
I have to run some errands after lunch. I need to pick up a refill for Tre's high blood pressure medication, then run to the pet store for food, and the liquor store so I'll be stocked up for the weekend. I also have to go get groceries or else I won't even have coffee in the morning.
I may stop by Starbuck's and pick up some coffee as a Christmas present for a friend at work while I'm out.

After the errands, I'll try to do a little more work at home. I have to try to go to bed early tonight so that I'll be able to get up at 5:30 tomorrow.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ick, all this cold weather and sickness and waking up early... no good!

I'll add to the list of icky mornings, I had to go for a blood test at 8:15 this morning. I hate when they steal my blood. I kinda like when it stays in my body. Sigh. I hope this is the last they need for a while.

So I got to work late because of that, and gave my bosses their xmas presents (2 good beers and some food things, they're hard to buy for and have so much STUFF so consumables are better.) Our server is down so we can't get email and my boss is all bent out of shape. They left to go somewhere though, I don't know where, so I'm by myself for now. I'll be by myself all next week when they go on their xmas holidays.

I am going to bake some cookies this evening, going to try some new recipes I think and if they're good I'll bring them to share on the boat ride thing with our beer tasting group tomorrow night.

Stay warm and get some rest and feel better everyone!!!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep it's just the 3 of us. And any time now I'm kind of expecting it to just be the 2 of them, business is very slow, plus the boss/owner is wanting to retire in the next few years anyway... but he said he will keep me as long as he can afford to pay me and will give me at least a month's notice and help out with references or referrals or anything else i need when the time comes. (and he said if business picks up he'd try to steal me back)

My bosses are very cool people, I actually met them through a beer tasting group i hang out with. It's a cool workplace, very casual, flexible hours if you need it, no real dress code, in fact my boss likes no clothes, but i do, so he kindly wears shorts in the summer and sometimes shirts too in the winter when i'm there.
It will be hard to work in a normal office again when i have to get another job!! I'm spoiled!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I am off work today! Taking a much needed vacation day, to catch up with things at home. So what have I done?

Well, I made two more kinds of cookies. I made beef pot pie for today and a beef stew for tomorrow. I had this rather large chuck roast in the freezer and knew it was too much for one meal. So we'll have beef today and again tomorrow. My husband will be most happy.

And I've done, what seems like, a ton of laundry. With only two people, I don't know where all that comes from, but we seem to do a lot.

I'm looking forward to a nice long chat with a GF from Texas tonight. I always enjoy talking with her.

Nekomania, what Hamilton book are you reading? Is it part of the Anita Blake series? I'm a huge Vampire Executioner fan!

Have a good Wednesday!

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im a bit late....

Well I got up early (like 8:30am lol) to go to the barn. I turned in a final this morning. So far I have finished 4 finals!!! But I still have 2 to go! I have one tonight at 8pm, which I am studying for now, then one tomorrow morning. Wish me luck these are the two classes I need to do good in! Im tired and cold, the heater says its 70 in the house but I am still cold and we cant use our fireplace......its a non-burn day

Hope all are having a good day!