Daily Question 02/03/16

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning my friends! :sun: :wavey:

Hope you had a great weekend! :nod:

Well the question of today is maybe for a select number of people of here:

How many FINES you get last year about your car? ( I mean for parking in a prohibited place, or speed on the way, etc,,) :evilgrin:

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
None last year.. but the year before I did get 2 tickets at once.. one for speeding, the other for tailgating.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

None last year.. but the year before I did get 2 tickets at once.. one for speeding, the other for tailgating.
LOL, how could you have been speeding AND tailgating? You can't go faster than the guy in front of you and if you were on his tail, he must have been speeding too - right?

I don't remember the last time I got a ticket or fine... my car wreck (when the drunk hit me) was almost 10 years ago and I, of course, didn't get any then because he was at fault. Before that, maybe 10 or fifteen years. So, it's been 20 or 25 years since I've gotten a ticket or fine! YAY!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
None last year. One this year, for speeding. Oops 
 The fine itself wasn't too bad; it's all the other money they add on top of it!

I have a lead foot. Always have and always will.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
None. The last time I got a ticket it was for turning around in the median on I-95. We had bought a used car from a neighbor and he gave us some extra tires that were with it when he got it. Well, after I put one of them on it and was driving to work one day, the tire started to separate. I could feel it and needed to get off the highway ASAP. Well, I got pulled over and because the state trooper couldn't see where the tire was separating, she wrote me a ticket. 

I took the car in to get a new tire and the guy said that if definitely was separated and I would not have made it to work. I kept the bad tire in the trunk and took a picture of what it looked like. I fought the ticket and brought the picture with me. The judge looked at it and I ended up getting rid of the ticket and I just paid court costs. I think it was about $65 or something like that. This was about 6 years ago. No points which was the important thing. 

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise

LOL, how could you have been speeding AND tailgating? You can't go faster than the guy in front of you and if you were on his tail, he must have been speeding too - right?

I don't remember the last time I got a ticket or fine... my car wreck (when the drunk hit me) was almost 10 years ago and I, of course, didn't get any then because he was at fault. Before that, maybe 10 or fifteen years. So, it's been 20 or 25 years since I've gotten a ticket or fine! YAY!
lol, I know.

I was first tailgating this guy in the left lane, he was going speed limit. I had enough (being typical New Yorker), I sped into the right lane to get around him. That's where the cop nailed me.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
None for me but some an uninsured NM motorist managed to park on top of my car in an empty parking lot. My fine for having insurance was 250 out of pocket , The insurance company picked up the other 3 grand and the driver with no insurance has yet to ante up a penny to either of us.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a red light ticket in the mail back in September I think *grumble*. I was going in circles around Busse Woods trying to find the right entrance out of the oodles of entrances they have there. I guess I must not have come to a full stop on the red. Oh, the light was apparently only red for 0.04 seconds after I made my turn, but apparently it was considered a turn on a red without stopping. I hope they end up removing all of them.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a red light ticket in the mail back in September I think *grumble*. I was going in circles around Busse Woods trying to find the right entrance out of the oodles of entrances they have there. I guess I must not have come to a full stop on the red. Oh, the light was apparently only red for 0.04 seconds after I made my turn, but apparently it was considered a turn on a red without stopping. I hope they end up removing all of them.
The did here. I can't count how many times I stopped only to have the vehicle behind me nearly run up my bumper. They were nothing more than a money grubbing scam in Albuquerque. Quite the scandal if I remember right.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
The did here. I can't count how many times I stopped only to have the vehicle behind me nearly run up my bumper. They were nothing more than a money grubbing scam in Albuquerque. Quite the scandal if I remember right.
They are becoming quite the scandal here too. I should say "have been" a scandal for some time. They are talking about removing them in the entire state from what I heard. I won't complain.