Daily And Monthly Costs Of Feeding Wet Food

yeva2292

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Every time I search for a new food for Smokey, I have to sit down and recalculate costs, which gets frustrating. So, I just made a big spreadsheet of it and thought I'd share it too! I went through the wet food available on Chewy and listed food by brand, line, protein and texture. For each line, I chose the first protein I saw. If the product didn't list the texture, I put down pate.

The values are calculated for a daily 200 calorie diet. You can modify values in Column "J" for your desired daily calories - that will update the "Cost/day" (K) and "Monthly cost" (L) columns.

If you're looking at a different can than the ones listed (for a certain brand), you can modify "Column E" with the calorie information, "Column G" and "Column H". This will automatically recalculate the daily and monthly costs! The values in "column F" (can size) don't affect any of the calculations.

Click Below:
Wet-food.xlsx

*Not included in the list: Prescription diets, Petstore specific foods (except for Soulistic), diets that are not complete formulas (like almo). Some brands had what looked like very many lines, I limited how many I put of these (looking at you Purina). And of course, prices are always changing, so this list won't be constantly accurate :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yeva2292

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love spreadsheeting things, and if others can benefit from it, why not? :D

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I practically live in spreadsheets at work. I will frequently have four or five open at a time and write formulas with multiple criteria (sumifs, index/match, linking pivots, nested ifs, and vlookup mostly). I designed a basic spreadsheet with spaces for formulas and formatting guidelines that my company uses to determine Excel ability. It's fairly interesting because since it isn't a basic multiple choice and more follow directions it also shows if the person can follow directions and how determined they are. We've had people walk out when they couldn't do something or just sit and stare; neither of those types get hired. They can use the in program help or even the internet and what formulas they use demonstrates their ability. A basic SUM is beginner, SUMIF more advance, index/match higher. But I am a beginner compared with one guys with has cross referencing with pivot tables, access connections and he has literally read and highlighted the entire Excel bible.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yeva2292

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That sounds like my boss! He does a lot of programming through Excel itself and then gets on my case for no doing any lol! I keep telling him I'm a biology major, not computer science :lol:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I ask the guy at my work for help sometimes and he goes off on lingo. Usually I get more out of just talking over different ways to approach the problem. Someone once told me, Excel isn't too stupid to do anything, you're just too stupid to know how to tell it. Brutal but fairly true, a lot of times its just figuring out how not if.

himawari

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Woah! This is great. Thanks so much for doing this. This will definitely be of some use to me, especially since I've recently started to track my spending habits for my cat.