Cutting The Cord

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I recently cancelled my cable and signed up for Hulu Live. Apparently it's still in it's beta form, but it's a lot cheaper than cable or satellite and I can still watch all my shows and take them with me. My parents are looking into getting YouTube TV because you can stream to 3 devices at the same time and it has unlimited DVR. YouTube TV isn't available in my area, so I went with Hulu. It seemed to be a better deal than Sling or PlayStation Vue or Direct TV Now or whatever it's called.

Maybe my internet is slow, but I feel like cable was better quality. Watching live tv sometimes buffers and gets blurry for a second. But I guess I can deal with that for $40 per month.

Has anyone else cut cable? Which streaming service do you have and how do you like it?

Tigerteddy55

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We cut cable about a year ago. I have Hulu and Netflix, and when I can't find what I want to watch, I stream it online!

Sometimes the streams can be a bit slow, but it is easy to find HD streams that work great! :) There are also live streams for TV channels or shows!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I cut my cable few years ago.

I bought a Roku which I can download channels. there's some you need cable to use, but many are free. I have internet only to accomodate the Roku

I use Netflix and Hulu. Roku has its own channel that has a lot of older movies from the 80's and 90s which I love.

I am not missing anything on live TV- everything i want to watch is on Hulu for the most part. With the exception of the Walking Dead. I am a year behind on that one because it's not on any streaming channels.

I actually feel like I am watching shows and not commercials, lol

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have Rokus for every tv in the house. We have Netflix, Amazon Prime and PureFlix. I don't watch PureFlix much but it does have a few good things on it. I think Netflix still gets the most use. I don't watch a lot of TV myself so keeping up with shows isn't much of an issue for me. I do watch things on YouTube also.

The only times I've missed cable have been during the Olympics and things like that. I miss good weather coverage too. I used to like just keeping The Weather Channel on in the background before they started so much other programming.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had cable in 5 years. I have a Fire Stick with my own Amazon Prime, then my dad's Netflix and Hulu. Since I work at a library I check out a lot of DVDs and go to RedBox for more recent movies that I don't want to wait for at the library. I really don't watch a lot of TV anyway, so the shows I do watch I am fine waiting to see until I can get them in some other platform than live.