Cut On Cats Nose

Moomoocat4

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has a cut on her nose. I thought it might have been from scraping it on something but now she has more small cuts on her nose. Does anyone know what could the issue or what at home remedies I could use on her?

Sorry for this awful picture, she doesn't like the camera

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You know, I'd have a vet take a look at that. It may be that she scratched it, due to itching, and the scratches itches, so she kept at it, but it MIGHT be an allergic reaction to something, OR a fungal infection. I'm just not sure. Until she is seen, you can brew a cup of chamomile tea (from commercial bags in your grocer's coffee/tea aisle, PLAIN chamomile, no blends), chill it, and use it to swab her nose several time a day. It is wonderfully soothing for any skin "ouchy," and has antibacterial AND anti fungal properties. And it's safe for internal use in cats, so even if she licks some off, no harm done! DO use the commercial tea bags, as they are ALL made with German chamomile. The English variety is toxic to cats, and has almost no medicinal use at all.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'd have a vet take a look at that. It may be that she scratched it, due to itching, and the scratches itches, so she kept at it, but it MIGHT be an allergic reaction to something, OR a fungal infection.
I completely agree that you should contact your vet especially since you mentioned the spots have spread. It could possibly be a fungal infection such as ringworm but your vet should be consulted.

Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm glad you joined the site and came here for advice regarding your cat's health issue. I hope it resolves and you find out the cause of the problem on her nose. :crossfingers: