Curious Scab. Should I Be Worried?

*ThorsMom*

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sunday I noticed my little man has a scabbed area on the back of his shoulder. We weren't home most of the day so I'm not completely sure how this injury came about. It could have come from our other cat or even climbing around where he doesn't belong. I have been cleaning it multiple times a day and it doesn't look like it is getting any worse. It just kind of looks like a bald patch on his back now.

Basically, I'm just wondering if it looks like something I should take him in for or keep treating it at home and keeping an eye out on it?

Thank you for your time!

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He might have just knocked it and removed the fur. If it hasn't changed since Sunday I would just keep an eye on it, make sure it's clean and not bothering him. If it gets bigger or changes in any way then a visit to the vet might be needed.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Perhaps you could call your vet, explain what happened and ask if you can send a pic of his shoulder area. You can also ask them if there's something else you should be using to clean the scab. Best of luck, fingers crossed it clears up soon. :crossfingers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

*ThorsMom*

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I did try that, actually. They said they will not accept a picture via email. I would have to drop him off for the day since they aren't allowing people in at the moment either but they did give some cleaning instructions. Therefore if I can avoid having to leave my cat at the vets office for an entire day, I would like to go that route if it is not a serious wound.

Pippi212

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
what did they say? My cat has same thing with little appetite