Curious on breed

jagausin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey! so we have 2 cats that are sisters. we know that one of them was the runt of the litter but for some reason they both seem to be barely growing/not growing too much anymore, compared to my other cat (whose only a month older but huge compared to them and still growing). we also have no idea what breed they are/what to even call them. they’re about 7 months old, they both recently began to go into heat. the only difference between the two is one is fully grey, whereas the other has white paws, chest and stomach and some on her face, and she’s slightly larger than her sister. any knowledge or advice would be great! :)

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hey! so we have 2 cats that are sisters. we know that one of them was the runt of the litter but for some reason they both seem to be barely growing/not growing too much anymore, compared to my other cat (whose only a month older but huge compared to them and still growing). we also have no idea what breed they are/what to even call them. they’re about 7 months old, they both recently began to go into heat. the only difference between the two is one is fully grey, whereas the other has white paws, chest and stomach and some on her face, and she’s slightly larger than her sister. any knowledge or advice would be great! :)
I agree with above. Both re recommendation of spaying asap (unless you DO wish to have kittens from them).

And also, them being domestics. If fluffy tail, they will be called for longhair (or possibly mediumhair), if non fluffy tail: shorthair... Its sometimes not easy to decide, but the tail is revealing.

Grey may be described as a solid blue.

The other as a black and white bicolor in tuxedo pattern.... Or a tuxedo.

LunarFlower

Genetics Enthusiast
Young Cat
Purraise
It’s not uncommon for cats from different litters to have very different sizes. I have a male from one litter who weighs over 12 lbs, and two females from a different litter that are around 6 lbs, and the male is only 8 weeks older than the females!