Curious Kitten And The Plug.

Goldehwolfeh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay, So this may sound like I am okay with my 4 kittens all curious.
I was sitting and playing on my computer, and usually the kittens are never curious of wires or plugs at all.

I have decided to keep the orange kitten, and he was curious of the plug and got his nail stuck. My cousin was sitting on the floor and we both heard him start to scream. Momma came to rescue but she let me do it. I helped him out and now my cousin is out buying those baby safe things for plugs. (I don't know what they are called)

I believe he managed to also get shocked, If this is the case, Can someone help me figure out if it can hurt his development?

THIS JUST HAPPENED NOT TO LONG AGO, I do not want people to come to the conclusion that I do not care for these kittens or my animals. A lot of people have a tendency to jump to conclusions before knowing the full story. After this had happened I had unplugged the multiple of plugs (I will reply to this thread with a picture of what he got stuck on), and I comforted him and let him stay in my arms until he was comfortable of leaving them. So again, Please do not jump the gun. I am not a horrible pet owner, and I am working hard to become a veterinarian. Thank you~

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It is really hard to say with electric shock what the damage will be. Even when a human is electrocuted all doctors can do is treat whateber symptoms appear as they appear. I work in the office of a company that does electrical work. We have had guys brush against power lines and it really isn't until weeks later that they are out of danger.

That said, household electricity is usually lower and will cause less damage. I've had a rabbit who kept finding and unwrapping electrical cords (we ending up using pvcp pipe). He got shocked enough I lost count and his lip had scars on it. I couldn't say if he had brain damage or was just stupid to start with. I would say given everything you probably don't have much worry.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Goldehwolfeh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My bad, I call outlet plugs. I ain't worried about Electrical wires yet. I have a bulky Outlet I use in an outlet that I hadn't unplugged since the room was used as an office before it officially became my room.

It looks like this:

My iphone isn't sending my image to my email, so I had to find it online. I did unplug it and cover the outlets. I am of course still worried for him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Goldehwolfeh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 So far, He's acting pretty normal. Playing with and acting just like the other kittens. He's cuddly with mama and sleeps just fine when mom isn't around. I apologize if that isn't a good description

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one of those, but the power strip kind that sits on the floor and my cats both licked it, stuck their tongues right in the sockets. Thankfully, it was unplugged, I'd hate to think what would have happened if it was plugged in. I don't know why cats do these things!