Curious About Aging Kittens

Ashouldnt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm really curious on how people age kittens. Like, when they get older and are 4+months. Would you say that four weeks equals a month? Or that if they were born on 9th April they are six months on 9th October?

I'm curious because I've been saying that my cats are six months as they were 24 wks on Sunday but it's still two weeks until 9th October?

I'm in no way concerned or anything, just curious

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just do the nearest month for the first year then nearest half year after that. Usually rounded one way or the other depending on my mood. It doesn't help any that I don't know exact age on any of mine. I tend to go with February/March as around their birthdays. So they are 2.5 and 3.5 right now since they are turning 3 and 4 next year. As kittens they were just whatever month they were within, so 6 months between 6 and 7 months old. Again it is complicated because Links age is a guess within a 2 week range. Rockets age is a bigger guess because of different factors. I am fairly certain Rocket was close to 4 months but due to her small size, low weight and teeth my vet thought 9-11 weeks but I know 100% I had seen her for 3 months and she was a few weeks old (fully mobile and ears up) the first time I saw her.

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go by the date, if your kittens were born on the 9th of April, they will be 6 months old the 9th of Oct. I can't imagine trying to keep track of all those weeks, years later. There are different amounts of days month by month, but Feb. is still a month and it is only 28 days long. I have so many cats I go by what season they are born, spring, summer, fall. Then I can usually narrow it down if I think. It helps to have regular vet visits, I usually bring them in once a year from the time they are a year old, so that helps. ( kitten vaccinations are too irregular to go on}