Kitten
Purraise
IMG_0906.JPG
IMG_0905.JPG
IMG_0954.JPG
IMG_0951.JPG
IMG_0970.JPG
IMG_0998.JPG

The last time I posted about Leila, it was like she was a different cat. We had her for two and a half months before she had the courage to come out from beneath the couch! Her personality changed RAPIDLY - for the better!!
I think she chose me as her human. She wants to be with me at all times and loves cuddling up on my lap/neck 24/7. It's been very hard to embroider lol I love that she wants to be with me all the time but I have a couple questions.

1.) When I go to leave my apartment and Leila hears my keys jingle, she goes nuts. She starts walking in front of my feet, trying to scratch my ankles, hissing at me, and yowling like a madwoman. I think she gets separation anxiety when I leave, is there anything I can be doing to help the transition of me leaving for the day a little easier? It's not even like she's alone all day. When I leave, my fiancé is still here!
2.) The second part is actually about my fiancé. Leila plays with him A LOT (she cuddles with me, plays with him) but she doesn't give him any attention at all when I'm there. I feel bad for him because he wants her to be cuddly and sweet with him too but nothing he is doing is working. She's just kind of feisty with him all the time.

I attached some pictures of L too, I can't stand how cute she is!!!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
She is adorable and definitely part Siamese. With her genes comes intelligence, activity and often a strong preference for a single person. There probably isnt much that will change her but I would make sure that your boyfriend is the one feeding her and giving her treats.

Also don’t be afraid to tell her no or put her down when she gets too clinging. That may also encourage her to seek out your bf more for comfort while giving you a break from her attention.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to post that some people are jerks to cats & some cats just like one person. My one person cat warmed up to my room mates when I stopped giving him treats for a few months and had all the rest of my room mates give him treats. He still prefers me, he is just less skittish. My advice? Get a second cat for your fiance. Trust me, your one person cat is always going to claim you as their human.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elizapril

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was going to post that some people are jerks to cats & some cats just like one person. My one person cat warmed up to my room mates when I stopped giving him treats for a few months and had all the rest of my room mates give him treats. He still prefers me, he is just less skittish. My advice? Get a second cat for your fiance. Trust me, your one person cat is always going to claim you as their human.
I had a feeling that she was going to forever be attached to me. I'm not saying that I didn't want her, but I just feel awful because my fiancé was the one who found her and begged me to get her and of course I fell in love with her the moment I saw her but I knew he really wanted this to be his cat. We've talked about getting a second one because she's so playful and I think she'd like a friend but I also worry about her being jealous!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a feeling that she was going to forever be attached to me. I'm not saying that I didn't want her, but I just feel awful because my fiancé was the one who found her and begged me to get her and of course I fell in love with her the moment I saw her but I knew he really wanted this to be his cat. We've talked about getting a second one because she's so playful and I think she'd like a friend but I also worry about her being jealous!
Don’t jump at getting a second cat unless you both want a second one and feel you have the space and time for two. They are not guaranteed to like one another at first or ever for that matter. And yes, jealousy can be an issue, especially with a cat highly attached to one person. I would just enjoy her as she is and try not to measure or be so aware of who she loves most. It is still early in her relationship with you two and she may develop stronger feelings for your boyfriend as she settles in.