Crystal Litter: which one is your fave?

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi

I have successfully switch all 3 of my boxes to crystal. The cats (3) like it, and there are no issues there (meaning no accidents outside of the box).

So far, I've used Fresh Step Crystals, and Nature's Miracle Crystals. I'm not really happy with either one really. Here are my reasons why

Fresh Step: Out of the bag, its great, but I have 3 cats, and also 3 litter boxes. after 1 week of use, the crystal litter seems like it's already used up. which means I have to spend more money to replace crystal litter almost on a weekly basis. Also, it gets dustier as the cats use it, and I feel like it doesn't contain the smell of the urine for too long (like about a week)

Nature's Miracle: Having been a HUGE fan of the clumping clay litter, I had HIGH expectations for the crystal litter (Nature's Miracle is my fave litter brand), but the crystal litter disappointed me SOO MUCH!!! it was a huge let down. Right out of the bag the litter was SUPER DUSTY. It did last longer than the Fresh Step Crystal (i got a good 3 weeks out of it with 3 cats and 3 boxes), I got more crystals per bag, so one bag would perfectly fill one box, instead of having to put two bags into one box (like i did with Fresh Step). But it was just TOO DUSTY. SO DUSTY. more dusty than some of the clay litters I've used. Cleaning a box with crystal litter is so easy compared to cleaning one with clay litter, but with the Nature's Miracle Crystal litter, I got A LOT of dust every time i cleaned it. I can't imagine what the cats go through.

Does anyone have a fave brand of crystal litter they use, and would recommend?? I've done research on Fresh Step and Nature's Miracle before purchasing them, but was hugely disappointed with both. 

Thanks in advance !

sparta05

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lamiatron  

But it was just TOO DUSTY. SO DUSTY. more dusty than some of the clay litters I've used. Cleaning a box with crystal litter is so easy compared to cleaning one with clay litter, but with the Nature's Miracle Crystal litter, I got A LOT of dust every time i cleaned it. I can't imagine what the cats go through.
If dust is your one concern, I would highly recommend Esquisi cat crystal litter! That's the brand I use, and love it just working on my cat not kicking the crystals out of the box though.. as they can hurt when step on them lol.  There is a dust free one which is really tiny crystals, and the bigger crystals are 98% dust free I believe.  I only buy one bag a month, and just ensure I am cleaning it on a daily basis to make good use of the bag. Holds urine very well I find,  I just need to use the natures miracle deodorizer as my kitty's poop tends to smell lol.  But that's with any litter.