Crystal crossed Rainbow Bridge

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
On Wednesday afternoon Oct 18 2023, my 19 year old Crystal crossed to Rainbow Bridge. She had a tumor under her tongue which grew to the point she could no longer eat or drink.

Crystal came to me at age 4 months. She had ringworm on her head, the treatment involved bathing with a prescription shampoo, waiting 20 minutes before rinsing. My Dad lived with me at that time, as he had dementia. I'd wrap Crystal in a towel, and Dad walked around singing to her for the 20 minutes. She quickly became Dad's cat, treating me as the mere servant who filled food and water bowls, and cleaned litter boxes. She slept with Dad at night, sat in his lap, and flirted with him shamelessly! Once Dad no longer lived with us, it took her 2 years to decide to sleep in my bed. Since then, the dogs, Crystal and Bobby have slept with me every night.

My cats are indoor only. Crystal did enjoy sitting out in the backyard with me, watching the birds, and the 'stoopid dawgs." Crystal ruled this household. She would routinely slap a cat or dog, and make them get up out of a pet bed. Not because she wanted it; she would just walk off. She did it to remind them she was in charge. Crystal was also not afraid of anything, human, dog, cat. The house is very different without her bossy presence.

I know we will be reunited again. One. Fine. Day.

Attachments

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
What a lovely tribute. Crystal was obviously well loved and loved you and your family in return. It's wonderful that she was there for your dad, how sweet for him to have a companion like that during a difficult time in his life. My heart goes out to you, it's so hard to lose such a beloved family member. :hugs:

Rest in peace, sweet girl. :rbheart:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
RIP little Crystal. :angel3: I too have a 19(+) yo cat with lymphoma. No matter their age, or maybe even due to their age, losing a beloved pet is never easy.

Crystal may no longer be the 'physical' boss in your home, but she is also no longer in pain. She is still with you in spirit and will always be the boss of your heart. :hearthrob::redheartpump:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. Your Crystal sounds just like my Lilith. She is the undisputed queen of the house.
Crystal will always be with you. The bond you created with her over the past 19 years is eternal. You are absolutely right. You will be reunited with her when the time is right. Until that time comes she will watch over you with so much love. :hugs::rbheart:

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can only repeat the above posts in expressing my sympathy for you at this difficult time. 19 is a good age for a cat and it sounds like you gave her a wonderful life, but it's always too soon. When they're that old, you start to think they're immortal. Your post is such a lovely tribute to what sounds like an amazing cat. I've sadly had a couple of elderly relatives develop dementia, and I'm sure her adopting your Dad helped him tremendously. You were lucky to have her sharing your life, and I'm sure she was lucky to have you as well.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Crystal, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Nineteen years is such a lovely, long life for a cat, but where there is love, an eternity is not long enough. This I know, Crystal lived wrapped safely in your love, and your love went with her as she passed that Gate between This Adventure and her Next Great Adventure, to guide her way. Now, from her home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, she blesses you for every moment of her life with you, and she sends her love, translated and purified into Love, back to walk with you down through all of your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Undoubtedly the Queen of the house will be sorely missed. She had such a huge personality I'm sure there is a huge hole without her there to fill it. You couldn't let her suffer though, and she had you to help her through all this and let her go on to her next great adventure. Whatever paths she now follows will always parallel your own, held by the bonds of undying love. You have many wonderful memories to give you comfort during your own path to healing, and though the pangs of grief will always be with you, one day you will feel joy once more as your grief turns to gratitude for her sharing your life. What a wonderful gift she gave you!
Her legacy lives on through you now, so go forward into the future and live it as you would want for her to go on if you were the first to go. Finding more love to fill that hole in your heart and knowing her love will always be a part of your very soul. Love does not just disappear when the body dies, it evolves into something even more special, and the 'essence' of her will continue to be a part of your life fo eternity.
My heart goes out to you. I know how hard it is to heal from such a great loss. And though it always leaves a scar, it is so little compared to all those years, and all those memories you two made together. she was in your life to bring joy and love. She will continue to send you that love for eternity......RIP precious Crystal. you will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!