Crusty Patch On Spaying Scar

Gaia&Ella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there, my cat was spayed 8 days ago, Friday 20th October. I took her to the post-op check last Tuesday, the vet said she is healing normally and to keep her medical shirt on for another week just in case.
Yesterday I noticed a crusty patch on the spot where the incision was made (file uploaded below); please notice she never licked her scar, and this clearly does not bother her at all as she barely notices when I touch it, so I'm not concerned, just curious if anyone knows if it is normal. I am taking her to another post-op check on 31st anyway.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hekitty had a little patch like that. I think it is just odd scabbing. I've gotten crusty little scabs like that on occasion, myself.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gaia&Ella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi :) thanks! She has been cleaning herself since and it's almost disappeared. I wasn't worried, to be honest as she was not bothered by it herself. I'll have another post-op check tomorrow, so I'll ask the vet just in case. Thank you again!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You are so very welcome! That's what we're here for. OH...have you gone to New Cats on the Block to introduce yourself and your kitteh to the community? If not, just click that link! Welcome to TCS!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gaia&Ella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I haven't yet but I will tonight :) thank you!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I probably won't see it until tomorrow, but I will be looking for you!