Crosseyed Kittie!!!

xpiercedgoddess

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My sister and I just noticed that her cat is crosseyed and were not sure if thats a problem. The skin on the inside corner of her eye is like, (its hard to explain) theres supposed to be little that you see, but we see more than were supposed to. Does anyone know what im talking about?

lucky's mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat gets that now too. However, it comes and goes. I read that it could be a sign of infection, injury or it could be because of stress. They call it a third eyelid.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky's Mom is right, it's a third eyelid -- but if you're seeing it regularly when the kitty is awake, it probably means she's having some kind of pain or distress. If it persists, or if you're seeing any other symptoms, you'll want to take her to the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xpiercedgoddess

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There is no other symptoms...other than making everyone laugh. It looks so funny. She never seems to be in any pain...it almost looks as if another cat sliced off a piece of the inside corner of her eye...

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats often don't show their pain. If the third eyelid is visible frequently, I would take this as a sign that kitty has an infection or is ill and take her to the vet.

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The appearance of the third Eyelid is usually a sign of illness - please call your vet. - your baby needs a checkup. Cats only show symptoms of illness when they are already quite sick. Realize on the food chain the healthy survive the ill don't make it. Therefore the longer you can pretend to be healthy the better the chances are of survival.

Please check out this website.

http://cats.about.com/od/behaviortra...dylanguage.htm