Crazy coloring! please help! Black smoke maybe?

taralynn5987

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have absolutely no clue what color my Kitten is. I was told he was a blue Persian but obviously his face isn't of the typical Persian right? When I first got him he was about 8 weeks and was so tiny and his coat was so odd looking. He had almost a black mask with white tips and black roots but now he's losing his fur in areas and it's coming in darker and thicker! I was wondering if it was just a fever coat or if he's supposed to be changing like this or what. I know only time will tell but just trying to see if anyone else would know.I'll post pics from when he was about 8 weeks till now 12 weeks. Thanks for any help!! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taralynn5987

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like a black domestic longhair with a fever coat. 

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely not remotely like a Persian in his face, not even the older-style Persians.  Ears too large and high-set, nose far too long.  He does have quite a full coat though.  BTW some of those photos are too small to see anything useful in.

I was going to agree with black smoke except it looks like his coat is darker at the bottom which it wouldn't be with a smoke.  Definitely not blue though - his face looks black.

Think you need to wait a month or two, take some more photos and ask about the colour again if there is still any doubt.  He's a domestic longhair though, not a Persian.  Very cute.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taralynn5987

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for the input. lol that's what I was thinking though there is no way he is a Persian with those facial features!!!! I'm sorry some if the pics came out funky I must of uploaded them wrong or something! So he's a domestic longhair with a crazy looking coat right now lol. I'm just glad the patch of long hair on his head is gone now because he had a Mohawk going on for a while lol. It's so weird..

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Much better photos, clearly not a colour-point either as his eyes are changing colour!  Still very cute of course. 

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm sorry some if the pics came out funky I must of uploaded them wrong or something!
When you upload the pictures you have a choice of three different sizes to show in the post. You must have left it on one of the smaller sizes. If you click on a picture it opens a window with the full-size image.

Very cute kitten. And I have no idea what that color/pattern would be called. :scratch:

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise