Crazy Cat Gentleman?

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have always liked cats. I have always had at least one and usually more

Makena rests on my shoulder after a very long hike in the woods. Makena would tell you my shoulder is the safest, most comfortable place in the world to rest or take a nap...

I spend a huge amount of time in the company of our cats. Work typically keeps me away from home 2-3 days a week - the rest of the time I am generally around our cats. I frequently take Makena on long hikes, we often spend hours together out in the woods. I love watching what catches his interest and seeing him stalk and hunt.

Makena helps in the shop. He knows nothing about rebuilding small winches, but he offers the most excellent company....

June Bug naps with me. She is a "daddy's girl." To timid of noise to be out in the shop, she follows me about the house as she has done since she was tiny kitten

Frankly, its a good thing I like cats, because they are drawn to me. Put me in a room with a hundred people and one cat... and that cat will be stuck to me in short order.

I was quite gregarious when I was younger. But over the years I have become far less social, preferring instead to seek more solitude. In my case, "solitude" excepts cats....

What I frequently wake to... Makena or another of our cats tucked in with me. In this particular instance, I had been away for longer than usual....And that means a nice long hike early the next morning. Makena was taking no chances that I would forget, he wanted to be close by so when I woke he could start dropping hints...

A few years ago I took a few months off and went on a long motorcycle trip. I missed my wife, I missed hot showers, I missed a comfortable bed and regular meals. But what I really missed was having cats around all the time. I came home in a heavy rainstorm. Our cat, Boo, heard my bike. His face plastered to the window, he meowed as I walked to the door. Ignoring the dripping wet raingear, he climbed up me to get to my face. After months away, that purr brought tears to my eyes. More than nearly anything, "home" means "cats" to me.

My retirement plan is a small business selling cat related products and artwork. Its growing slowly and I love the clientele.... all cat people.

People somehow associate a fascination with cats as an effeminate trait; an oddity for a man. Dogs are somehow more masculine, and more appropriate for men. I don't get it. Cats are top level predators who are incredibly athletic, independent and self sufficient. A dog's only amazing physical attribute is endurance and they are social pack animals...looking to please at every turn. It strikes me that cats embody the spirit of masculinity to a much greater degree than dogs.

In my experience, no one has ever called me a "crazy cat guy" in anything but a positive manner. But a male liking cats does seem to confuse some people for reasons that I can't quite understand. I suspect some people like things to fit neatly into predefined categories...and such a category does not exist in their experience or limited imagination.

So yeah, I am a guy. And I am crazy about cats. Deal with it.

Makena on a hike

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bpenniman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have always liked cats. I have always had at least one and usually more

Makena rests on my shoulder after a very long hike in the woods. Makena would tell you my shoulder is the safest, most comfortable place in the world to rest or take a nap...

I spend a huge amount of time in the company of our cats. Work typically keeps me away from home 2-3 days a week - the rest of the time I am generally around our cats. I frequently take Makena on long hikes, we often spend hours together out in the woods. I love watching what catches his interest and seeing him stalk and hunt.

Makena helps in the shop. He knows nothing about rebuilding small winches, but he offers the most excellent company....

June Bug naps with me. She is a "daddy's girl." To timid of noise to be out in the shop, she follows me about the house as she has done since she was tiny kitten

Frankly, its a good thing I like cats, because they are drawn to me. Put me in a room with a hundred people and one cat... and that cat will be stuck to me in short order.

I was quite gregarious when I was younger. But over the years I have become far less social, preferring instead to seek more solitude. In my case, "solitude" excepts cats....

What I frequently wake to... Makena or another of our cats tucked in with me. In this particular instance, I had been away for longer than usual....And that means a nice long hike early the next morning. Makena was taking no chances that I would forget, he wanted to be close by so when I woke he could start dropping hints...

A few years ago I took a few months off and went on a long motorcycle trip. I missed my wife, I missed hot showers, I missed a comfortable bed and regular meals. But what I really missed was having cats around all the time. I came home in a heavy rainstorm. Our cat, Boo, heard my bike. His face plastered to the window, he meowed as I walked to the door. Ignoring the dripping wet raingear, he climbed up me to get to my face. After months away, that purr brought tears to my eyes. More than nearly anything, "home" means "cats" to me.

My retirement plan is a small business selling cat related products and artwork. Its growing slowly and I love the clientele.... all cat people.

People somehow associate a fascination with cats as an effeminate trait; an oddity for a man. Dogs are somehow more masculine, and more appropriate for men. I don't get it. Cats are top level predators who are incredibly athletic, independent and self sufficient. A dog's only amazing physical attribute is endurance and they are social pack animals...looking to please at every turn. It strikes me that cats embody the spirit of masculinity to a much greater degree than dogs.

In my experience, no one has ever called me a "crazy cat guy" in anything but a positive manner. But a male liking cats does seem to confuse some people for reasons that I can't quite understand. I suspect some people like things to fit neatly into predefined categories...and such a category does not exist in their experience or limited imagination.

So yeah, I am a guy. And I am crazy about cats. Deal with it.

Makena on a hike
That's so awesome! I love the pictures. My (plus sized) 2 tabbies probably wouldn't go hiking lol. But it's so cool you have a special bond. I've gotten over my fear of being a crazy cat (man). I ordered modern cat magazine and another jackson galaxy book. Also, doing some more catifying.

WhatchaCallKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm always hearing the crazy cat lady thing from friends and family members who see that I buy insurance for my cats, spend 700 dollars for surgery and medications on my cat instead of giving up on him, for buying lots of toys and healthy foods, for catifying my home so they can feel comfortable. I'm called a crazy cat lady except I'm a guy. I'm 26 and just love my cats and the ferals that live near my apartment. I don't know why that's such a huge deal to people, but I guess it is. Is a male crazy cat person called a cat gentleman? or cat daddy? Not that I care, but is it normal for males to love cats as much as I do? It seems as though those around me are making me an outcast. Why aren't there 'crazy dog ladies' like there's 'crazy cat ladies.' It seems unfair to me. For the record, I'd rather spend a Friday night with my cats than other 25-30 year olds because they just drink until they get alcohol poisoning and Boots scolds me for 2 days straight when I drink. Yes I care more about what my cat thinks than other ppl. What's wrong with being a 26 year old crazy cat gentleman?
I'm a mid-to-late 20s male who also likes cats. I livee alone with 2 cats and rarely leave my place (work from home). Cats are amazing pets, because they take care of themselves... This reduces the amount of work we must do whereas dogs require constant attention & some cats as just as warm and friendly without the added burden.

Cats are exceptionally spiritual creatures. Each has their own personality. I only got these cats BC my "wife" turned out to be a scammer (Google "marriage fraud"). I have always been a cat person, but didn't want another because I wanted to avoid having animals indoors for religious reasons. Well, I got these 2 cats before realizing that she (wife) is a fraud. One of them, words can't even describe her personality. She is like a dog, but has the positive qualities of a cat as well. She comes after calling her name... She actually runs from wherever she is & comes to wherever I am. She also plays fetch (100% serious). YouTube "cat plays fetch" to see other cats who also know how. Some cats just instinctively know how to play it (never trained her). She brings objects when she wants to play and sometimes we play for hours.🙂