Craziness

Crystaljanie511

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Sookie is amazing. She's very loving & pretty much an all around great pet. At least once a day, she suddenly gets a huge burst of energy & runs around the house like she's nuts! I'm sure this is normal~I had a couple cats as a kid and they did the same thing. On average, it lasts about 20mins. On bad days, it can go on for as long as an hour. Does anyone have any idea why they do this? I don't know her exact age until I take her to her first vet visit next week but my guess is about 8 months old. For the most part it doesnt bother me but there are days it's so bad I have to put her in the spare bedroom for about 15mins.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahh, the Zoomies. It is pent up energy that just needs to be released. All cats seem to have them but some cats can run faster and longer than others. They won’t hurt themselves by running until they tire, but can be inadvertently get hurt if they knock something over on themselves or run into things. I wouldn’t necessarily try to stop her, just make sure your place is kitten proofed and let her run it out.