Cracking Noises When Mango Stretches?

Mango the Maine Coon

Big Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
The last few days, when Mango is sleepy and stretches or does the “Halloween cat” arched back stretch there are a bunch of cracking noises like if someone cracked all of their knuckles. There was no injury or trauma so I am really confused

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
how old is mango? might be the age. he runs and plays fine? doesn't appear to be in pain?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure, my cats make that same move, Halloween kitty often. but dont think i have heard any noises when they do.
maybe a vet check to make sure no problems?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mango the Maine Coon

Big Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
how old is mango? might be the age. he runs and plays fine? doesn't appear to be in pain?
Thank you for reminding me to include his age, I completely forgot. He’s only 9months-ish so it’s not due to age/use. He’s running and playing completely normally there are no clear indications of pain. Could he be hiding something this well?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for reminding me to include his age, I completely forgot. He’s only 9months-ish so it’s not due to age/use. He’s running and playing completely normally there are no clear indications of pain. Could he be hiding something this well?
Cats do hide pain so very well. we often have no idea when they are in pain or something is going on. He may not be, you never know. Thats why i would have my vet give him a check, just to be safe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mango the Maine Coon

Big Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok guys, I’m so dumb... I just realized it was the table creaking and cracking and not mango. I’ve been worried all day reading up online about what this could be before taking him to the vet.. and it was the table lol. He jumped up onto the place he likes to sleep and it made the noise so I was examining his body for anything physically wrong and when I put my hand on the table the exact sound happened. I’m so relieved/mad at myself. Thanks again for trying to help me and Mango.