Count the spots - Ashia's litter

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ashia had her kittens early this morning, a variety of colours and good balance of sexes.

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! Judging by their mom, I'd say those kittens will grow up to be very beautiful.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very nice Amanda - I see tawny, silver, chocolate, choc-silver and do you have a lavender classic (or lilac) in there? I can't really tell the pattern since they are all snuggled together.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone, we are just delighted with this long awaited litter. All were excellent weights and gaining well so far.

Originally Posted by laceface

I think I counted 6 little ones? Cute!
There were 6 in the first pic, then someone was fashionably late so now we are 7. There's one underneath in the other pics

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Very nice Amanda - I see tawny, silver, chocolate, choc-silver and do you have a lavender classic (or lilac) in there? I can't really tell the pattern since they are all snuggled together.
No classics, has to be a chocolate silver dilute shouldn't be possible. I think it's just the lighting of the photo.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
They're gorgeous!
Can't wait to see the individual pictures, once you get them all untangled.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep in mind that dilute is recessive and can be carried for a long time. My breeder friend in Florida had a chocolate bred to another chocolate and the entire litter ended up being lavenders! Needless to say she was not happy at all.

She has to be careful who she breeds the female to again as she doesn't want a dilute litter like that again.

I did a search on Pawpeds and found out that both Ashia and the father of the kittens are carrying dilute (blue, fawn, lavender) - granted they are about 8-12 generations back but I did spot them - which means you "could" have a lavender spotted there - I'd have to see some clearer pictures

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If GoldenKitty is talking about the palest kitten, then I must say he/she looks like lilac on my monitor too. (I mean the one in the last pic and lowest in the pic). I've also had my share of 'far far away' recessive genes: my longhair neuter Utu got the longhair gene 8 generations back from her mom's side (and a bit closer from dad's side).

But that black silver spotted...
*steals kitteh and runs*

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep that's the one I question - compared to the other choco-silvers in the litter. But I'd have to wait and see them more separate to say which one is the "show" kitty.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking lavender
Paw pads will determine the correct color (or should).

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish there was a lavender or lavender silver, they are all chocolate silvers