Could this be part Persian?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do you know anyting of the background, because you think on part persian?  How big is the cat?

I myself Im sooner thinking on part Norwegian Forest cat - if the muzzle were somewhat longer, and she biggish, it would be a good look alike.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

anni7

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Jack is a 2-3 year old boy. He is our late neighbours cat whom we adopted. He still is shy and lives outside or near our door. He rarely comes inside mostly to eat.
He has huge wide paws but short legs and tail. He is medium size not big or long but cobly. He is really placid and has a quiet meow.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think most accurate description is simply, longhaired domestic,  DLH, black and white bi-color in the saddle pattern.

With that nose profile, he cant have any near persian ancestry.  Not modern flatface persian, at least.

But there may be some old type persian, or doll face persian not long back.

anni7

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
if the cats say father is Persian and mother domestic - is it possible to have the face of that kind?
Its because he is so unusually placid i thought he could be Persian. Ive never seen a domestic cat of that kind of nature.
We have brothers whose mother is Oriental or part oriental i am not sure. She was pure white and yellowish - greenish eyes.
Our cats dont really look Oriental but they inherited some of her qualities- eg Snowy has oriental temperament and his loud meow is identical to our neighbours Siamese. It sounds exactly the same and we often mistaken the neighbours siamese (who has pedigree papers) and Snowy, whose mother is an Oriental or part Oriental.
Also Snowy is very clingy and both cats like peoples company and are quite vocal, like the Oriental and Siamese breeds.
Initially i paid no attention about their mothers breed and only with time as they became adults i noticed that they are much different to all the other cats i knew closely. Thet are much more mischievous and one is REALLY a loud mouth!
I only later realised these were the TRAITS of Oriental breeds! I thought we just had cats with extremely weird temperaments.. They are real active, climb the curtains, are extremely curious and stick their noses into everything. It was at times a nightmare.
So when i met another "weird" cat - Jack, i started thinking maybe his strange temperament and huge wide paws are also part of some breed? And not a random occurence

Last edited:

anni7

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So i always said for the first year that Tabby and Snowy had no breed and were moggies. But with time i started to call them part Orientals or half Orientals because i realised that they arent normal cats. In a sense that they are demanding and active and intelligent and one has a huge voice. To me they look just average apart from having larger than average ears in proproprtion to their faces and also slim narrowish built and paws and tail.. So that breed comes out.
When i look at Jack i also didnt pick anything up until i got to know him and realised he acts similar to docile quiet and inactive Persians i met.

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
anni7 anni7

He does seem more alike to a Norwegian Forest Cat than a Persian as far as looks go. But all cat's personalities differ. Even purebred cats can have personalities that differ from the general personality of their specific breed.

And Norwegian Forest Cats have a large bone structure. We have a cat that we suspect is a Norwegian Forest Cat mix and he has HUGE paws (but really he is just really big in general though. 8 months old and 14 pounds, he isn't fat either).

anni7

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Jack is a smallish cat despite large bone structure. He is prob average size ... He has short tail ie most of what you see is fur, and the tail as well as his legs are stumpy.

Last edited: