Could Not Walk Away With Out Taking Her Home

candicew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
IMG_7904.JPG
How many cats make you a crazy cat lady /crazy cat family ? Fell in love with this little beauty today at the bc spca and just could not walk away without taking her home. She's only believed around 16 weeks or less and was an outdoor cat... which means she got into a lot of trouble being the super frisky kitten she is and she got hit by a car . The SPCA said that the owners were not willing to pay the vet bill and they forfeited her to the vet and I guess that's when the vet contact at the SPCA. We named her Seraphina and are overjoyed she has come to join our family she is quite striking.. I wonder what breeds she has in her?

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Seraphina is so pretty! I think she looks like a torbie Domestic Mediumhair. I love the markings under her eyes, they look like the cheetah "tear marks". I certainly can see why you fell in love with this beauty, and you're awesome for giving her a good home!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

candicew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Seraphina is so pretty! I think she looks like a torbie Domestic Mediumhair. I love the markings under her eyes, they look like the cheetah "tear marks". I certainly can see why you fell in love with this beauty, and you're awesome for giving her a good home!
I have never heard of those markings! I wonder what breeds she has in her?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Seraphina is adorable. She's a wonderful addition to your "kitty collection". ;) How many "siblings" does she have now that she's part of your family?

candicew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Seraphina is adorable. She's a wonderful addition to your "kitty collection". ;) How many "siblings" does she have now that she's part of your family?
Thank you and LOL, we have 5 cats now. Willow is almost 8 year old, Jophiel and Ariel are brothers and they are around 1 1/2 year old and then we have Rosemary, who is around 20 weeks.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She is GORGEOUS! I do wonder if maybe, just maybe, there's a bit of Maine Coon or Norwegian Forest there? Of course, we can never know. The differences in cat breeds, with a very few exceptions, are so subtle. Whatever she is, it was a felicitous pairing when her mama and daddy met.

As for how many cats it takes to make a "crazy cat lady/man/family," I was thinking just this morning that "crazy cat person" is determined by a state of mind, not the number of cats in your home. I'm a crazy cat lady, and I only have one!

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's lovely ! When was the pic taking ? She looks v chilled ! I only have one cat and my friend said if I get anymore she will call me cat lady..

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you and LOL, we have 5 cats now. Willow is almost 8 year old, Jophiel and Ariel are brothers and they are around 1 1/2 year old and then we have Rosemary, who is around 20 weeks.
You're going to have your hands full with 4 young cats! But they all have a playmate now. And Willow can just chill and watch the kiddies play. :)

candicew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You're going to have your hands full with 4 young cats! But they all have a playmate now. And Willow can just chill and watch the kiddies play. :)
lol yeah willow does her own thing.the boys are quite mellow and so it rosemary. this new kitten though..she is W.I.L.D! LOL

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
sorry, I meant those tear things. I had never heard of them, I had to google. seems like not many cats have?
Sorry, yeah, those aren't super common amoung domestic cats, but are always seen in Cheetahs! The first Maine Coon on this page has some of those tear marks: Maine Coon Cat Photos, Top Cats 2016-17.

Just a fun fact, the "cheetah lines" are actually required as per the breed standard for Singapura cats! http://cfa.org/Portals/0/documents/breeds/standards/singapura.pdf

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Tortie + tabby= Torbie :)
Neely, the cat in my avatar, was a Torbie. As soon as I saw Seraphina it made me immediately think of her. Plus Neely was an owner surrender too. Her previous owner had named her Precocious and Torbies are all that and more. :wink: Thank you beyond words for rescuing this precious kitten. I'm sure she will bring you much love and enjoyment.